The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of painting the callipers on my Matte Black S3 CR Elise.
What colour do you recommend?

·
Registered
978 Posts
Verde Ithaca

·
Registered
25 Posts
I went with red. (Also recommend painting the inner portion of the rotors--the area that gets rusty. I used black on mine but some use silver and that looks good too)

Attachments

·
Registered
831 Posts
Don't, looks like you're trying too hard, IMO. YMMV etc.

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
Anything other than bare metal or black looks ricey.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
red all the way

·
Registered
7,350 Posts
Anything other than bare metal or black looks ricey.
I really don't care for the current fashion of flashy calipers. To me it draws the eye from the lines of the car. Like a tattoo on a beautiful girl. Trendy but a shame.

Yes I'm way over 50.

I painted the Elise calipers with aluminium colored Rustoleum. Will last a year easy. Did it with a brush.

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
Oops..correction..I didn't read correctly. A graphite gray or a black would do the job nicely, unless you want a little more flash...

(well...he did say he was going to go with matte black. it beats the "rust color". I'll eventually be going with a black or a really dark grey just to hide that rusted color some.)

·
Registered
685 Posts
well...he did say he was going to go with matte black. it beats the "rust color". I'll eventually be going with a black or a really dark grey just to hide that rusted color some.
He didn't say he was going to matte black, the car is matte black. Read the post.

Rascal so do you have any color accents on the car? If not, I think it'll look good with almost any color. yellow, gulf blue, red, orange, green. :shrug:

·
Elise newb
342 Posts
Like a tattoo on a beautiful girl. Trendy but a shame.

Yes I'm way over 50.

Under 50 here, and totally agree with respect to flashy caliper paint and tattoos...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
He didn't say he was going to matte black, the car is matte black. Read the post.

Rascal so do you have any color accents on the car? If not, I think it'll look good with almost any color. yellow, gulf blue, red, orange, green. :shrug:

No accent colours, pretty much decided on Red.

Thanks for the suggestions one and all.

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
If you are doing to do it, I'd vote Red.

I wouldn't want to paint them on my car since I'd then have to wash them to keep them clean.

·
Registered
663 Posts
I'm about to get mine painted... I have a Storm Titanium 06 Exige with black/white racing stripes. I replaces the emblems to be black and silver and am doing red calipers with "Lotus" in black. As much of a pain as it can be, if you do red, you have to change the center caps from being green/gold....

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm about to get mine painted... I have a Storm Titanium 06 Exige with black/white racing stripes. I replaces the emblems to be black and silver and am doing red calipers with "Lotus" in black. As much of a pain as it can be, if you do red, you have to change the center caps from being green/gold....
Never thought that about the centre caps, might gave to think on it before taking the plunge.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Damn, BWR just took their center caps off of special... but the black/silver center caps (again, just the stickers for the 4 wheels, and not including front and rear emblems) is $124 plus shipping from them. I had to buy 2 more center caps because they fell off my car... and they only come with the green/gold center caps already added, so I immediately ruined 2 of those :( **** adds up, but I wanted to make sure I did it right.

Never thought that about the centre caps, might gave to think on it before taking the plunge.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts