The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

Caliper Paint color suggestions

4K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  oldmansan 
#1 ·
Looking to paint my calipers either yellow with black lettering or black with yellow lettering. What do you guys think? Any pics of black elises with yellow calipers? I couldn't find any :(

See less See more
#4 ·
IMO, powder coating would be the way to go. Less hassle. I've painted my own callipers before on other vehicles and it never seem to last as long as powder coating. It chips, flakes, and power washes off to quick. Even though I've done a good clean up and prep prior to it.
What's a real piss off is when you do it yourself and take all that time to do it good and right, and then it doesn't last and ya send it all out to get powder coated after all.
I'm sure there'll be others that chime in saying that their DIY job has lasted over the years without a problem, but this is all my opinion.
If you can afford it, powder coating is the best way. Had my done red and never had an issue in 3.5 years.

#5 ·
I've used high heat Rustoleum with a brush just fine, holds up a year at track temps.

I don't personally prefer the currently popular trend for brightly colored calipers, feel they draw the eye away from a nice car's lines. Silver (aluminum) would be my choice, but then I've finally become the conservative old dude.

#6 ·
Ya know, I have lately come around to this way ^^^ of thinking as well.
I had done mine with blue paint (also have some blue interior accents, such as harness belts).
But I'm going to powder coat them and I'm going with a "wet gloss" black. It's supposed to be extra durable and I'm hoping it's easier to clean...

#7 ·
Yellow is Nice

I painted my calipers myself....yellow on Ardent red.....that was 3 years ago....and mine too have held up....also Rustoleum.......but then again, I only put about 3,000 miles on a year

#12 ·
I painted my calipers myself....yellow on Ardent red.....that was 3 years ago....and mine too have held up....also Rustoleum.......but then again, I only put about 3,000 miles on a year
Have any pics? I'm trying to decided what color to do with my ardent red. I'm either going yellow or red.

I did mine polar blue (actually found a near identical color on amazon). Then used a paint marker to contrast the lotus writing.
I love your car. It looks awesome.

#9 ·
I've used the G2 caliper paint system a couple times and fully recommend it. It's a brush on paint and you can get any color you want. Extremely durable and stays glossy. Only problem is that it's pricey. I almost didn't care what color I painted mine I just wanted them painted (look how rough they looked!). Color matched to my LRG and very happy. Not too flashy but looks great. Mask Costume

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#11 · (Edited)
Nice. And does not draw the eye away from the car's lines.

Some cars really need something to draw the eye away from the unfortunate qualities of their coachwork design. Escalade comes to mind. Panamera.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.