The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking from input from users of this mirror. If you did not order from s111 stock, how long did it take you?

After using these for a while, has the joint's holding ability decreased? Does the mirror jostle if you hit a bump?

I noticed that there are a few "options". Does anybody know the difference between the base mounts offered?

Imgs stolen from evasivemotorsports and s111 websites.

Over all longterm impressions Please.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
I like them, been running them for about a year now. I actually had the mirrors before I had the car. The only time I've had an issue with the mirrors moving was at 140mph. I have no need for a rearview mirror with the craftsquares, not that the view was great on an exige in the first place.

To tighten the stalks on the mirrors, there is a set screw visible from the interior of the car. This is a bit of a pain to tighten, however once it's done you shouldn't have to mess with it.

I have the model Sector 111 carries.

·
Registered
526 Posts
I don't have the craft squares, but i do have the race view mirrors, and they look to share the same type of joint.

I've had mine for a couple years, and they don't more or swivel at all, stay exactly where i want them.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
mine seemed to shift on the track / get swept back when my car was working, one almost came out b/c i forgot to tighten it. they are very cool looking though and help eliminate blind spots

·
Registered
912 Posts
The only problem i have with the craftsquares is that they are lower in height then stock, so it can be difficult to see directly behind you, Especially if you don't have a rear view mirror.

Other then that they provide great visibility, No more blind spots. Just like the multivex, it is concave. I spoke to a sales man about the joints, yes the optional ones offer greater movement, but how much adjustment do you need. When will you need to use the outer radius of the mounts.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Another question I'd like to add to his is: Do they offer better, same or poorer visibility than the multivex mirrors?
Never had the multivex mirrors but these sure do look a lot better then those bulgy glued on things!

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Another question I'd like to add to his is: Do they offer better, same or poorer visibility than the multivex mirrors?
They go wider than the multivex - I don't have to tilt my head during traffic since it sees a little more than 2 lanes out

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts