The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Buying within the next 2 weeks or so, and I havent even sat in the thing yet, let alone seen many in person. Wondering if someone would be kind enough to take me for a spin in one and see if I even fit as a driver, :shrug:.

If so it would be greatly appreciated, i'll spot for lunch/dinner.

Pm me if its a possibility, thanks a lot, Dan.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
if you want to take a ride down to fox valley motorcars i will gladly take you for a spin. and i am not a salesman so i wont bug you too much:D

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
Tell me that you aren't going to drive it with the salt and the craters (potholes) on the Wisconsin roads the way they are right now??! :eek:

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
i am 6'3" and 215 and i fit and work on them including crawling under dash boards
I will vouch for T.J. that this is true. He gets in the Elise better than I do! All technique. :bow:

·
Banned
3,227 Posts
i am 6'3" and 215 and i fit and work on them including crawling under dash boards
Here is the man working on my car. I have driven with him, tight squeeze in thererotfl (get your minds out of the gutter, lads!)

Attachments

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tell me that you aren't going to drive it with the salt and the craters (potholes) on the Wisconsin roads the way they are right now??! :eek:
well the roads arent too terrible, probably will be after thur/fri.

Im 6'3 205lbs, So based on everything I have read it seems like a fit, but it seems a lot is based on torso size and inseem. I suppose either way I could prolly fit or make myself fit.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yea, saw the snow coming, rain after that. I guess its not a matter of me driving the car, I know that part will be a thrill, more so just fitment, I am pretty particular ( I should say my back is particular actaully) to how i sit so I just want to be sure it'll work out.

Will shoot you with a PM see if a time/day might work out.

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Looking at the weather forecast for next week shows a lot of rain. Actually today is the best day. If you're available today I'm free after 2:30.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Mine probably won't be out until next week. But if you are just looking to check out the driver's seat, it's is storage near Milwaukee. sent you a PM.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
pm responded

thanks das, Im stuck at work today though until 6.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Dave, thanks again for your time today, your have a great looking car, cant wait to be an owner.

·
Super Moderator
2,844 Posts
is the snow gone from last weeks storm? i'm from milw.carl
Yeah, it is mostly melted and gone except for the plowed piles and shaded areas. Unfortunately it has left us with a lot of standing water because of the semi frozen ground--especially out the county where a lot of the fields have been turned into lakes. The worst thing is all the sand and gravel all over the roads from the broken up pavement/potholes and the salt trucks spreading sand because of the salt shortage. It is going to be a long time before it will be safe to trust the corners when riding a motorcycle and the paint on the Elise is going to get pelted badly for awhile. This spring should be a good test for the protection capabilities of the Starshield! :(

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
well the county trunks should be in better shape than the city streets and the southern and northern kettle morane up to greenbush is allways a great drive. carl

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
we didnt take it out on the road, he has it in storage, just pulled it back, let me get a look at it/ sit in it to see if i fit and everything looks good. It was then promptly rolled right back into its storage spot.

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
I'm gonna take a nap then wash the car then get it dirty again! The roads are fine except for some wet areas as Tesprit noted. Most pot holes are patched but new ones are always emerging.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts