The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for photo's of those who have storm titanium lotus with painted calipers.
thanks

·
Registered
977 Posts
I can post some of my '08 S240 with the AP Racing calipers, but if you're looking for stock calipers that won't help.

·
6.94915254 lbs/hp
1,731 Posts
Here is my Exige with yellow calipers. My friend and I powder coated them, and we found out the rears can't be disassembled (well they can but they get super complicated and new seals would be needed, etc..) So I need to get the rears done yet... Anyway I really like how the fronts turned out. However, my picture is just ok so hopefully it gets the message across.

Attachments

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
OK i had a friend PS the calipers for me. Which one?
Blue with Green Lettering
Blue with Yellow Lettering
Green with Black Lettering
Orange with Black Lettering
Red with Black Lettering
Yellow with Black Lettering
Yellow with Green Lettering

Attachments

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
Wow, the color matched calipers look great! Classy.
As to the OP's samples, I like the blue; it always looks good with silver. The lettering should be silver, though. Green, no. Red and orange are fine but common. The yellow with green could be great if you match the wheel center badges closely.

How about going to black and silver for both the calipers and wheel badges? A little bit sinister…

Btw, thanks for posting up the PS samples. Interesting ideas.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Wow, the color matched calipers look great! Classy.
As to the OP's samples, I like the blue; it always looks good with silver. The lettering should be silver, though. Green, no. Red and orange are fine but common. The yellow with green could be great if you match the wheel center badges closely.

How about going to black and silver for both the calipers and wheel badges? A little bit sinister…

Btw, thanks for posting up the PS samples. Interesting ideas.
I like the blue too but not sure I will find a blue like that. These were just for reference and not necessary exact. I am swaying yellow, orange or blue with black letters.

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
If you use a rattle-can engine block paint, I think you'll have 3 or 4 blues to choose from. That's what I did on my Arctic Silver Exige, Ford Engine Blue as a matter of fact, and it's held up very well after about 25 track days. It doesn't have the hard gloss of caliper paint though, so cleaning takes some attention. (Sorry, no pic, I'm sending from a phone.)

Storm T is very warm for a silver, so maybe the yellow would coordinate better. Or black, you can never go wrong with black, hint, hint...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts