The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever been to the Camarillo Air Expo at Camarillo Airport? I wandered into the museum there a few weeks ago and chatted it up with a couple of WWII vets who took me right up to the planes and gave me a 3 hour lesson on the history of aircraft! Guess they weren't counting on a visitor with 10,000 questions. But, they went right ahead and kept answering them! It was really interesting and fascinating.
They told me about the Air Expo, which sounded cooler than Disneyland for adults...but I am sure they are a bit biased. Has anyone been before? Is it worth going to? And, equally as important, is there good parking?

·
Registered
277 Posts
When is this Air Expo ? Is that the same as an Air Show ? Never been out there for one though... The company I work at is right in front of the Camarillo airport and I occasionally see people rolling up in their Ferrari's. I guess they come out to take their private jets out for a spin :crazyeyes I've also seen a couple Lotus around the airport too !!! :D

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
I've been to the museum but never the "expo". I'm sure if you like the museum, you'll enjoy the expo.

I used to go to the Pt. Mugu airshow a while back when they had the Blue Angels. Now THAT was a good airshow.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it's august 16 and 17, and yes it is the same as the air show. they changed the name of it for some reason.

·
Registered
494 Posts
If you enjoyed the museum, you will love the expo. There's a lot of stuff hidden away at Camarillo (and other area airports) that comes out and is fun to see.

Steve

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
didn't know about the museum or the air expo. I'll have to check 'em both out.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
Pilots are all the same......ask us about flying, and we'll never shut up !

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I used to go all the time... needless to say, Camarillo Airport has some amazing planes that come out for their Expo. It's definitely worth a visit. At least when I use to go, they had some very unique aircraft there.

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
Not sure if this was the Expo, but about 8 years ago they were having an event and I got to fly in a B-17.

One of those experiences I'll never forget!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts