The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Corvair Club is holding an Autocross at the Camarillo Airport May 26th and 27th, $65 per day 10-15 runs per person. Saturday May 26th is a Corvair Club autocross hosted by Hydrocarbon Motorsports with all of the proceeds going to SBCC Auto Club. Sunday May 27th will just be a Corvair Club hosted event. There will be all sorts of cool cars there, you should come check it out if you live in near Santa Barbara or Camarillo. If you want to attend either day get in contact with me at [email protected]

·
Mulholland>SCC
2,532 Posts
A group of us went last year (or maybe the year before). I was pretty excited since I live so close, but the event was highly disorganized. Not everyone working their sessions, poor communication, and missing runs as a result. How many events has the organizer put on over what period of time? Maybe it was a learning curve.

·
Failed at Self Control
651 Posts
A group of us went last year (or maybe the year before). I was pretty excited since I live so close, but the event was highly disorganized. Not everyone working their sessions, poor communication, and missing runs as a result. How many events has the organizer put on over what period of time? Maybe it was a learning curve.
Ya, I remember that event. It was in May of 2010, and was a bit disorganized. Hopefully it's improved because I remember the course being nicely laid out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Organization

I know that the Corvair club has gotten more organized however I am not sure how long they have been holding these autox's. I know that the corvair club only holds maybe 2 autox's a year so that could be why as well. The Saturday event will most likely be less organized than the Sunday event, however I am sure there will be plenty of runs for everyone and it will hopefully be quite clear which run group is currently running. @shay2nak, I just ordered a new clutch today and I am going to try to make it there and have some fun runs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts