The Lotus Cars Community banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,098 Posts
This is an interesting thread!

All replies have some validity. It comes down to one thing. Its your car, how anal you want to get is your call. Your level of driving experience will dictate a lot of it. Year 3-4 on the track or heavy AX. You will start to pick up on small changes. My first year at the track I could add 9 clicks to one shock and not notice it I was so overwhelmed. Suspension tuning is a gradual process. The biggest advice I can offer is take notes on what you did, how it helped you and only do one thing at a time. Play with it.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Thank you. I'm scribbling down a few notes ... only a few because I basically ended up calling it quits early.
Ive had the car for ten years with no significant problem. The evening before my track day, engine light turned on and it went into limp mode repeatedly ... I thought is fixed itself when I started it up in the morning and went ot the track. No such luck. I'll start another thread elsewhere to help define/resolve this issue

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
weirdest thing . the engine light and limp mode sorted itself out on its own ?!
I think the car or some higher power didn't want me to risk being oin the track in the rain ( with new R888 and new tune 310whp ).

·
Registered
91 Posts
Thank you. I'm scribbling down a few notes ... only a few because I basically ended up calling it quits early.

Ive had the car for ten years with no significant problem. The evening before my track day, engine light turned on and it went into limp mode repeatedly ... I thought is fixed itself when I started it up in the morning and went ot the track. No such luck. I'll start another thread elsewhere to help define/resolve this issue

Did you wash it that day? Water ponding in the spark plug wells can do that. Never wash it on a slope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 25 of 25 Posts