The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Lotus Emira
390 Posts
What do you do if you don't want any attention? That's right, paint the car in confetti colors... that won't attract paparazzi ;)

On the other hand... is that Hethel Yellow? Is it painted in launch colors? The yellow is looking good.... Hmmm!

·
Registered
900 Posts
I can't spot any place where it might give away what color it actually is. Even the side mirrors are black. At least we know they have more than one running car besides the gray one we've seen.

It's missing red and green, otherwise that would be hilarious to have the camouflage wrap be bits and pieces of the paint colors.

·
Premium Member
8,388 Posts
I smell an aero package.......me likey!

·
Registered
324 Posts
I can't spot any place where it might give away what color it actually is. Even the side mirrors are black. At least we know they have more than one running car besides the gray one we've seen.

It's missing red and green, otherwise that would be hilarious to have the camouflage wrap be bits and pieces of the paint colors.
There is definitely more than one. There are concurrent sightings in UK, Middle East and the US.

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
428 Posts

Its a wrap, not a paint job.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Proof it’s just a reskinned evora
Front/rear fenders are different and multiple inches wider requiring different suspension geometry for wheels to fill those fenders. But by your logic...

Proof the 1st gen 86/BRZ is just a reskinned Subaru Legacy:
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood

Proof the C8 is just a reskinned Holden Ute:
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive side marker light

·
Registered
743 Posts
Front/rear fenders are different and multiple inches wider requiring different suspension geometry for wheels to fill those fenders. But by your logic...
Lets be honest here. Looking at the actual pictures of the chassis and stuff the Emira is pretty much a re-skinned Evora with a nicer interior and exterior. Yes some stuff has changed, but even in profile the cars are almost exactly the same shape. I don't know why people get upset about people saying this. The Evora has an amazing chassis. Being an Evora under the skin isn't a bad thing.

·
Registered
161 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
Lets be honest here. Looking at the actual pictures of the chassis and stuff the Emira is pretty much a re-skinned Evora with a nicer interior and exterior. Yes some stuff has changed, but even in profile the cars are almost exactly the same shape. I don't know why people get upset about people saying this. The Evora has an amazing chassis. Being an Evora under the skin isn't a bad thing.
The thing is, if it was a re-skinned Evora, then it would be an Evora under the skin, and it isn't. The engineers have said every part of the chassis is new; new design, new parts. There may be some similarities, but we won't know the real performance differences until we get some evaluations on the street and track. I believe this is the first ICE car they've been able to design with all their latest equipment and software, including VR technology. They seem pretty gung ho that this is the best car they've ever made, and engineers are not usually ones for marketing hype.

·
Registered
743 Posts
The thing is, if it was a re-skinned Evora, then it would be an Evora under the skin, and it isn't. The engineers have said every part of the chassis is new; new design, new parts. There may be some similarities, but we won't know the real performance differences until we get some evaluations on the street and track. I believe this is the first ICE car they've been able to design with all their latest equipment and software, including VR technology. They seem pretty gung ho that this is the best car they've ever made, and engineers are not usually ones for marketing hype.
Manufacturers almost always claim "every part is new". To do that is pretty simple. Just change the part number or make a minor tweak. Its pretty clear in the pictures of the exposed parts of the Emira chassis compared to the Evora 400+ chassis its almost exactly the same.

I bet the Evora 400 had more changes to the chassis compared to the S1 Evora than the Emira has over the Evora 400. There is no doubt in my mind that if the Evora was a relative hit for Lotus the Emira wouldn't be called the Emira. It would be called the Evora.

Again, you seem to be taking this as some kind of negative. Its not. Having owned 2 Evoras I can tell you this is a good thing. Obviously I am sure they made tweaks to things. I am not saying the chassis is 100% exactly the same, but if you think it was developed new from the ground up after seeing it in images and comparing it to the 400 chassis you are fooling yourself. This is a classic, if it ain't broke don't fix it move by Lotus.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts