The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Hi all, I just pulled my valve cover to check my cams. Build date is August 05, 10,000 miles. Cyl 3 and 4 are perfect 1 and 2 have some discoloration but when I rub my fingernail across high part of lobe it is smooth. No other problems with car. here are pictures from cyl 1-4 what do you guys think? worry or not? Thanks in advance. Tommy

·
Premium Member
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ok a little large not sure how to reduce size. and other picture it is telling me are too large file size wize any ideas?

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
if you dont have ANY software tha can resize photos, you can create a photobucket account that will host your photos and allow you to resize them. Or you can download a simple image resizing utility... like "Image Resizer" from microsoft power toys...

Microsoft PowerToys for Windows XP

Thats assuming you have a PC... if you are using a mac... there is no help for you :)

·
Premium Member
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok les try this again. number 1

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
number 2

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no 3

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
no 4

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks zygotesoup that worked good! any respone? maybe Monday.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
I know little about this cam lobe issue... but to me they don't look too bad. There is some discoloration in #1, but there doesn't sem to be any significant wear. What exactly is the discoloration from?

·
Premium Member
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
actually here is the picture of no 1 without the flash I think there ok

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
maybe they need to used more!!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi all just thought I would post up the toyota part numbers for the gakets needed to remove and replace the valve cover. You can probably get away with using the same ones but I always replace any O rings.
Cylinder head cover gasket: 11213-88600
ventilation pipe gasket: 12255-88600
O ring:96741-19009

The whole job takes about an hour working slowly. I did mine at oil change time. Good peace of mind being I would love to go forced induction as soon as the warrenty is up.
Hope this helps.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts