The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive had this body for over 15 years. Pulled it out of the weeds from behind famous hotrod builder bob tindles house. Now im trying to dig up some history on it to determine if i should build something fun with it or if its crazy rare and should be in a museum. I know it fits a lotus 23. But beyond that im in the dark. Any info would be amazing

Attachments

·
Registered
6,510 Posts
What do you mean it 'fits a Lotus 23?'

This is a 23B frame.

The front half sorta resembles a Lotus 30/40, back half is Lord knows what.

What's the name on the side? Can't quite make it out.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The name on the side is Bill Alsabrook. It has 23 doors and 23 side tubs. The front and rear fiberglass are custom though. But the body would bolt fully onto a 23

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sorry to come to this a bit on the late side! Bill Alsabrook raced a Lotus 23 in the early 1970s. Apparently, it was the ex-Arciero Brothers Lotus 23, which is currently owned by Jim Roth. This looks like one of the more modern bodies that were designed to try and bring the 23 up to date in the late 60s/early 70s. The most popular one was the Bruihl body, designed and marketed by Gerry Bruihl. I don't know if this is one of them or someone else's design. I would imagine the more modern body was discarded at the point that an owner decided to restore it to its original specification from 1962.

Hope this helps!

Michael Oliver
Lotus author and historian

1 - 4 of 4 Posts