The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Closer than you think
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In 2006 my son and I attended the ALMS series at RoadAmerica. The driver of this SY Elise (I believe from the Chicago area) was there and graciously allowed my son a ride in a coveted Lotus. At the time we told him how much it meant, and that some day we hoped to own one too. I'm sure he was thinking, "Yeah, right...", but he gave the ride anyway.

Here's to you (who ever you are). As it turns out fate smiled on us, and we are now happy owners of a BRP Sport Package Elise. Given the opportunity we'll hopefully pass on the favor to another deserving soul, maybe even at RA this year... THANKS! Todd

Attachments

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Same thing happened to me. Got a ride in one from a local in town, just from standing in the street and holding my hand out and he stopped and gave me a ride. Then I bought one a month later. Only a Lotus owner is that nice.

·
6.94915254 lbs/hp
1,770 Posts
Probably not, the photo was taken in August of '06. It was at the Generac 500 at Road America.

·
Closer than you think
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here's another clue. While they were out for the drive the guy's friend told me that the driver was planning to buy an Exige soon, and hinted at some track experience...

·
Registered
361 Posts
"juliusthecat" allowed me to sit in his to make sure I fit before I bought mine, I very much appreciated that.

·
6.94915254 lbs/hp
1,770 Posts
I think he did actually... (although I'm not 100% sure)

·
Registered
275 Posts
Ya never know......

I have always grown up dreaming of owning high end sportscars. Fate, a patient wife, and hard work have smiled nicely on me through the years, and I have had some very nice cars (amongst a ton of Porsches, an Esprit, 1 Elise and my present Elise). I have thus always subscribed to the give back: talk about the car; let'em "sit in it"; even take 'em for a ride. I certainly always appreciated that when I was a kid/dreamer....

With this thread in mind, of course, I have to report an occurrence this past Wed. night at a Starbucks....

'Coming out after having my frappa lappa ding dong and this young latino woman (who is quite attractive) whizzes by me after getting caught looking at my car and says "nice lotus". I compliment her for knowing it is a Lotus (we all know why). She goes into the store.

As I am getting into the car, she comes running back out:
Her:"Mind if I take a picture. My boyfriend and I love these. He would just die!"
Me: " Sure. Go over there I will snap a pic with you in it"
Her: (fumbling with Iphone and frantically deleting pix) Hang on i just need to delete some pictures. I have no room left. This is gonna make my boyfriend so happy while he is in jail"
Me: :)eek:)
Her: "okay."
me: "Okay: go over their and smile "
Her: places one foot on tub with door open as if getting in; and promptly flashes whilst smiling for the picture. :crazyeyes

Her:Comes back and says "Thanks. What's yer name?" as she holds her hand out for a handshake.
Me: "andy"
Her: ( I didnt hear the name) . "Have a good night."

And off she went...

This is the 3rd time this has happened now during my car career. So sometimes you get a little foreign intrigue by being nice too....:shift:

·
Registered
222 Posts
"juliusthecat" allowed me to sit in his to make sure I fit before I bought mine, I very much appreciated that.
It's cool you bought one. I remember I would have let you drive it, but it was early spring and mine hadn't been out of storage yet because of salty and sandy roads.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts