The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a Matchbox 2008 Lotus Evora which was a promotional piece for the introduction of the Evora at the 2008 London Motorshow. The clear case is signed but I do not know by whom. Does anyone recognize the signature?
It looks to me to be, '07 Allen
Nigel & Michael Allen were original partners in Lotus with Colin Chapman but I cannot confirm that either were still alive in 2008 and if the signature is in deed one the the Allen brothers.
2008 LOTUS EVORA MATCHBOX LONDON MOTORSHOW 08-20 006.JPG
2008 LOTUS EVORA MATCHBOX LONDON MOTORSHOW 08-20 008.JPG
2008 LOTUS EVORA MATCHBOX LONDON MOTORSHOW 08-20 002.JPG
2008 LOTUS EVORA MATCHBOX LONDON MOTORSHOW 08-20 004.JPG
The Allen brothers were long gone from Lotus by 2008 so not sure why they would have been at the 2008 show but anything is possible I guess...
Any help you all can offer will be GREATLY appreciated!
THANKS!

·
Registered
1,314 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I have seen that article on Matchbox Monday...its rare, thats good, but if I can identify the signature it may be something REALLY special!
I have seen one other on the internet that is signed by Russel Carr, Steve Crijns and Anthony Bushell...all three designers involved in the Evora project. you can see it here...
Unfortunately
2008 LOTUS EVORA MATCHBOX SIGNED 08-20.jpg
the signatures are not very visible and I don't see those names in the signature on my example.
THANKS!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I may be starting to answer my own question...
I just discovered these signatures of the 3 designers of the Evora...Anthony Bushell's signature might be the one!
I have just sent him a message via LinkedIn...cross my fingers that he answers!
LOTUS EVORA DESIGNER SIGNATURES 08-20.jpg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts