1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
APR?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Its a SMW carbon wing from Aus, there very similar in spec to GT3 and made in full carbon fibre... cost approx $4200 with brackets to be mounted in either factory location or screwed to clam...

PM me if your after one as im looking at buying also, might get better price for 2 ;-)

Hope that helps

Ant

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Please pardon my ignorance. The only company named APR I'm familiar with is an Audi/Porsche/VW shop.

Its a SMW carbon wing from Aus, there very similar in spec to GT3 and made in full carbon fibre... cost approx $4200 with brackets to be mounted in either factory location or screwed to clam...

PM me if your after one as im looking at buying also, might get better price for 2 ;-)

Hope that helps

Ant
I appreciate the information. For me to spend $4,200 on a wing, it had better be made of something more exotic than carbon fiber and aluminum. I could understand the price if it were made of dinosaur skulls wrapped in the skins of Komodo dragons.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
I contacted APR and one of their guys told me they dont have a wing that will fit an Exige or Elise. ???

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
I contacted APR and one of their guys told me they dont have a wing that will fit an Exige or Elise. ???
APR doesn't produce a wing that uses the stock mounting points. I called them one afternoon to discuss such an option and they were concerned about the lack of support for the wing. You can order their GT series wing and mount it to the clam though.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Although the wing is not APR, they will however fabricate what ever you want for 1/3 of the cost of $4200. Give them a call and ask for Peter.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Don't forget that Forcedfed sources their CF wings from APR and just makes the mounting brackets! - Look at APR's wing GTC-200 and you will see it is the same wing forcedfed sells!

I have a universal APR wing on my elise GTU-SERIES that was given to me when I bought some track stuff from a member who never got around to mounting it and made some supports to mount the wing that span the clam deck and trunk bottom and now there is no flex, I would not run a wing without supporting the rear deck on an Elise!
This wing works! The car feels so much more solid at speed!!!

OH YEAH = APR PERFORMANCE also makes carbon Fiber Rear Diffusers for our cars but won't spill the beans who they make them for!

Attachments

·
Registered
191 Posts
i really like that wing on the orange lotus :x

1 - 13 of 13 Posts