The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having an issue with my ABS, and none of the guys i go to regular for work are able to fix it without being able to read the codes.

The closer you are to Madison, WI, the better, however I am willing to drive a bit.

Note: there's beer or dinner in it for you, I mostly drink stouts.

Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
I'll ask the couple places I've worked with in the milwaukee area.
Update if you do find something. I'll do the same.

·
Lotus Technician
85 Posts
If you dont find anyone up there, I am in the Chicago Suburbs (Addison/Elmhurst) and can help you out. Let me know if you get desperate and want to make the trip down.

Best of luck!!

T.J.

·
Premium Member
434 Posts
So just to mention, no off the shelf OBD/ABS reader will be able to read the ABS fault light. It requires a special Lotus reader that costs ALOT if you wanted to purchase one if your even able to. Usually lotus dealerships will have them or specialty shops who deal with lotus enough may have them. It's a common problem with the Elise/Exige ABS module to crap out. A new module is quite expensive to replace but glad that Inokinetic does repairs on them for a fraction of the cost. I've had him repair mine and fault light is now gone.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So just to mention, no off the shelf OBD/ABS reader will be able to read the ABS fault light. It requires a special Lotus reader that costs ALOT if you wanted to purchase one if your even able to. Usually lotus dealerships will have them or specialty shops who deal with lotus enough may have them. It's a common problem with the Elise/Exige ABS module to crap out. A new module is quite expensive to replace but glad that Inokinetic does repairs on them for a fraction of the cost. I've had him repair mine and fault light is now gone.
Oh yeah, I know about the reader costing a bunch, my regular guy looked into ordering it, which is why we're now trying to outsource that part of the process :)

Who is Inokinetic ?

·
Premium Member
434 Posts
Oh yeah, I know about the reader costing a bunch, my regular guy looked into ordering it, which is why we're now trying to outsource that part of the process :)

Who is Inokinetic ?
Thanks for sharing the link Rek.

Many members have gone thru them for the repair. I believe its $200 to repair and by no means a bank breaker. I don't know if it's your daily but you send it out to them and about a 2 week turn around time. They have been around for quite sometime providing for us lotus owners and are very knowledgeable. A much better alternative IMO than buying a new one. Keep us posted!

Gabe

1 - 8 of 8 Posts