The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Perhaps set up a swap program for black fuel fillers? Anyone else interested?

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
IIRC, HRM does this.

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
Hmm, I guess I never thought about this, but I do have a powdercoater and a toaster oven.........

I think I'll leave it up to the professionals. It's been a long time since I did it and I remember having to redo some things. This was the last thing I used it on. Translucent purple powdercoat over chrome on some engine parts. Probably not the easiest application for a newb.

(I can proudly say I built this whole engine, along with several others. It was a really fun project and made good power for a Bug.)

Hard to see and washed out color on right. Coated air filter housings, intakes, coil cover, pulley, generator backing, throttle linkage, and cooling shroud screws.

Attachments

·
Registered
311 Posts
Wow Keith. I didn't know you were into the old air-cooled cars. I have a bunch of these. Here are a few I have now (I actually keep all my old air-cooled cars). I really enjoy them. Pretty raw and minimalist like the Lotus, but cool old skool.

The orange 69 vert has a CB fuel injected 2110 motor and full carbon fiber interior with nice Recaros.

The red 65 runs high 11s in the quarter:D

The green 71 motor is all old school parts, Porsche P-40 Carbs, really old Berg manifolds, SPG 82 mm roller crank, etc.

The 58 is a European sliding rag with working semaphores on the really rare 67 911s Fuchs up front and 68 911 deep six heart Fuchs in the back.

The black 69 Vert is not mine but currently in my garage as the owner works on my 51 Standard Split beetle.

I also have a Thing, Ghia, Westy, and the girl has a Squareback. We try to drive them all, on antique tags or course.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
John at FVMC has one in stock, and 2 out getting done.

630-231-3400
ask for
John nichols
parts manager

T.J.

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
Fishtaco:
Big air cooled fan here. Had a bunch. PMing to not derail thread.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
How much are these already done running?

Im sure getting this done wouldnt cost more than $100.00

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
There metal.

I guess i will find my own powder coater. Or just sand blast and paint.

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
There metal.

I guess i will find my own powder coater. Or just sand blast and paint.
You really don't want to sand blast aluminum - media blast it: bead, soda, etc.
;)

·
Registered
156 Posts
Well geez, I guess I could...

I guess I could blast and powdercoat for approximately free if some of you want. The black is pretty much a glossy black, not a flat black.

If interested, you would need to ship to Utah, and include shipping fees to get it back to you. PM me for more info if you like.

eli

1 - 14 of 14 Posts