The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I managed to lose my lug adapter for my locking lug nuts (1 per wheel, see picture). I purchased a shiny new set of BMW lugs to convert over to 17mm hex lugs but still need to remove the old locks. It was actually cheaper to replace all of the lugs on the car than to buy a key from the dealer and they would have to special order anyway.

Does anybody in the San Diego area have one of these keys I that can borrow for 5 minutes? Would be great to go on a drive or grab a beer or coffee as well. I'm in Pacific Beach but can meet anywhere and my week is pretty open.

:shift:

Dewar

·
Registered
20 Posts
Uh oh. Do these lug keys come on all Lotus elise models?

I just picked up an 05 Elise and I didn't see a lug key anywhere. (And it's not like it can be hiding with the lack of storage in this car. LOL

I'll take a second look tonight to see if it is in the hatch.

If I don't have a lug key and my rims have locking lugs, then I'm in trouble too!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the offer, but luckily I was able to find one local. I think most of the Elises don't have these but my sample size is very small. I ordered a whole set (4 lugs with key) from mylotusgarage for around $60 but think it would have been special order and I'm chomping at the bit to get going on a project.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
20 Posts
If anyone in San Diego needs the lug tool, let me know. I'm in the La Jolla area. Luckily my newly acquired Elise had the lug tool in the tool kit.

It's a good thing too, because all my rims have locking lugs on them!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts