The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been readin a lot about the Elise for the past few weeks, and I am to the point where i am thinking of going for a test drive or two. However, I am curious if I am too tall to even fit comfortably in this car. I know comfort is subjective, but before I trek out to a dealer I thought maybe someone could give me their opinion. I am 6'3" tall, though only 180 lbs. If anyone has any thoughts on this please let me know. I would hate to get out there and love the car, but not be able to fit. Thanks for your help.

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
I'm amazed nobody's ever asked this question before.......

·
Registered
846 Posts
Yes, you will fit, however if you're going to track the car you will probably have to take the top off to fit in there with your helmet. Also seeing stop lights when you are first in line will be an issue even with the visors removed.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
You are too small... sorry.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,687 Posts
3 words: Wesson Oil Party

·
Super Moderator
2,844 Posts
You will find the people on this forum to be a tough crowd when it comes to reposts, but since you are new I will cut you a break this time.....

Yes, you will fit in the car, but the only way to tell if you like the fit is to try one on for size. It is a very individual thing and while some guys your size are happy in the Elise, others are very uncomfortable.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I am 6'2 , 215 lbs was very surprided how much leg room small car like this has . But on track my helmet was sticing out above roll bar .Not even talking about trying to put roof on the track . Solution was making custom seat brackets and moving seat about 3" forward and making it recline more .Now helmet is about 1" under roll bar . Repositioning seat made it much more combortable to sit .

·
Registered
344 Posts
Yes, you will fit, however if you're going to track the car you will probably have to take the top off to fit in there with your helmet. Also seeing stop lights when you are first in line will be an issue even with the visors removed.
6'3" tall and 185 here. I use mine as a daily driver. Seeing some lights can be a bear, but without the "sun visor" slivers, you can see most of them. The worst one is the 101 entrance at Argyle. The lights are straight overhead with no side repetition lights, so I can only see them with the top off (which is 80% of the time in Socal) or by leaning WAY forward. Hope you have good hairgell though, because your hair will get quite the workout with the top off. ;)

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
rotfl rotfl rotfl Someone should really take the time to let her how a woman should behave. I think everyone here has been inside Elise.
But many have trouble getting back out. Not many women can claim that. :crazyeyes :eek:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts