The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After I saw the pic of the elise and exige, they look pretty much the same, the only different is the back trunk and the fount lip.
I just wonder can I just buy the exige part and but it on the elise?I really like the style of the exige, if I really get the part, am i gonna be have problem for the fitment? or just gonna be direct fit? also anyone know where can i get the part and how much?

Calvin

:confused:

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
I don't know if this is a problem with fitment or not, but all of the Elise panels are made by a subcontractor in France. All of the Exige panels are made by Lotus. They may be the same molds or then again,,,,

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
If you were to buy an S2 Exige front and rear clam, roof/hardtop and their related bits then there's a good chance they will bolt onto the 111R or Fed-Elise without a problem.

Until someone actually tries it's a gamble, but chances are good that it will work..

Bye, Arno.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Arno, do you happen to have any idea if the mesh grillwork on the Exige clams and nose might fit the 111R/Federal Elise?

I've inquired about the Autostyle Solutions mesh on the SELOC board and with Autostyles directly but haven't had an answer yet. From the photos on the Autostyle website it is hard to tell what their mesh looks like compared to the Exige seen at http://www.elisetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=2607&highlight=lava+exige

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
lotus1 said:
Arno, do you happen to have any idea if the mesh grillwork on the Exige clams and nose might fit the 111R/Federal Elise?
I seriously doubt that.

Although the Exige clams will probably use the same mounting points to atach them to the chassis of the car they are still significantly different when it comes to size and production method.

So the mesh in the exige will most likely *not* be a direct fit into the 111R/Fed-Elise, although (if you can get them separately) they could form a good starting point to modify to make them fit.

Bye, Arno.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I was also interested in finding the rear Exige clam and fit it on my 111R, but a Lotus UK representative told me that it's really not worth the money and work to be made...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts