The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the aluminum center divider piece that sits in front of the shifter console play a role in the car's structural integrity? Or is it just a piece that separates the driver's feet from the passenger's feet? I'd like to remove it (I remember others doing so) because when I wear certain shoes, I find it difficult to fit my right shoe between that piece and the brake pedal.

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
...Just a divider. It will come right out.

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
A little risky IMO because in such a small car it would be possible for the passenger to hit a pedal. Additionally, cables, etc are routed through the divider.
Michael

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Get driving shoes :D
I don't know if that'd help. Piloti's look wide to me. I wore some narrow Pumas that look narrower than them.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A little risky IMO because in such a small car it would be possible for the passenger to hit a pedal. Additionally, cables, etc are routed through the divider.
Michael
With that in mind, I guess I'll only pull it out at track events where I'll be the only one in the car.

Will have to figure out the cables issue.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Michael
You make an excellent point but fail to recognize the opportunity it presents to now have cruise control! Simply ask your passenger to take over the gas pedal and BAM! instant cruise control!:clap:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts