The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to make a car show tomorrow. Have an amplifier that is temporarily sitting behind passenger seat, which is removed, but is too thick for the seat to be installed. Since I sit with the drivers seat all the way back, can I just put the passenger seat on the drivers side and the driver seat on the passenger side ? Cant put amp in different spot until a custom bracket is made on Tuesday ( then will go in the fender recess in front of firewall but behind liner on passenger side, it fits, barely ). Then I can put the seats in the right spot. I think I remember the seats are different widths or something though.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
The seats are identical, but mounts are different. You're hosed.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Doh. At least I was skeptical enuf to ask before I waisted an hour on it. And 2 points to Chris Mackey for answering between 2am when asked and 8am now.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
I wanted to have 2 adjustable seats, but the adjusting seat takes up more mounting space than the fixed seat.

They must drill opposite holes for the RHD market.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Are the seats identical? I'm almost positive that the passenger's side is a bit smaller. I seem to remember a Lotus representative making reference to this in a good quote, and also, whenever I have sit in the passenger's side it definitely feels a bit more snug.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
...the passenger compartment and rails are both smaller but i'm pretty sure the seats themselves are identical...

·
Registered
168 Posts
Seats are identicals. Mounts are different.
Driver seats is more in the middle of the car for both comfort and having the weight of the driver closer to the car´s one while racing.:coolnana:
Passengers seat is pushed on the far side of the chassis.
The passenger is stuck between the driver´s seat and the door, :sad: therefore the feeling that the passenger´s seat is narrower- It isn´t, there is just no place for shoulders.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts