The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
purveyor of lightness
4,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The battery?

If it's not too much to ask... can someone pop open their trunk, unwrench their battery, lift 'er out and plop her on a scale?

Here's hoping it's 24+ lbs. so that I'll feel really good about replacing it with the 14.7 lb. Odyssey PC680 sitting on a shelf in my garage...

I'd love to lose 10 lbs. by simply changing out the battery! Gain 1/4 cf trunk space too!

Sorry if you temporarily lose your radio settings and stuff... but I just have to know! ;)

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
I have a much smaller Black Panther battery sitting here. :) I think it's about 6 pounds and has 300cca.

·
purveyor of lightness
4,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Randy Chase said:
I have a much smaller Black Panther battery sitting here. :) I think it's about 6 pounds and has 300cca.
The Odyssey was a freebie from the manufacturer so I can't complain - actually I hope that the bloody stock battery is over 29lbs. - like my stock delSol one was!

Let's save "touring pack" weight just by swapping out the battery.... mmmm!!! ;)

C'mon people drive home and rip 'em out!

Pretty please!

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
PC680 is in my M3..either that or a 40+ pound stock type battery. It's more than up to year round real use...just don't leave the headlights on! If you do disharge it, it won't be harmed like a conventional battery and it's low internal resistance allows rapid recharging. For ultra light purposes you can definitely go smaller than this size for the 1.8 motor. Might be a good idea to check the current draw when the car is off though.

Stan

·
purveyor of lightness
4,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Found it!

I noticed the battery model from a page reprint from the 111R manual in the suspension section - did a Google and tada!

Model: Delco 26R-6YR Top Post L/H Neg.
Volts: 12
Res: 80
CCA: 550
L: 8.8
W: 6.8
H: 8.1
Lbs: 29.5
List: $78.47

Therefore replacing it with the 14.7 lb. Odyssey PC680 I have will result in a 12.1 lb. savings... JUST LIKE I THOUGHT!

Woohoo!

Disclaimer: Black Panther and other lightweight battery's mileage may vary... ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.