The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are painted TD 1.2s I believe..and I think they are obviously 17/18 F/R respectively...but I want to make sure it's not the weed. :evil:

Are they 17/18?

·
Premium Member
6,988 Posts
Way too ricer alook onn the car. definitely 17/18's Hell lets put 22's-poke- on it! Doh!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
663 Posts
I think it looks sweet! Never been much of a fan of white wheel (couldn't imagine how much of a PITA it is to keep brakedust off) but for some reason I even like white wheels on that car.... then again I have never been a fan of black wheels :)

17/18 seems to fit quite well

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah I think without question 17/18 fills the wheel wells the most perfectly. Unfortunatly, they are really heavy....and it seems rude to do that to the car...since the Lotus guys went to great lengths to make it light.

BUT..I think that size easily looks the most "correct" on the car in terms of design....

pshew...thanks for the responses on the size..now I know my car can't look THAT cool. :-D

·
Registered
663 Posts
Can we really tell the difference between driving a rim that weighs 1-2lbs more per wheel when on the street? Or is the only way to tell when at a roadcoarse or on a dyno?

Going with larger rims does add weight however the good thing is there is less sidewall flex & more rubber on the pavement.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts