The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm looking for some help checking out a car. Was this car from a Elise/LotusTalk owner before? It has a few options I could do without, but all in all it is a very good match with what I'm looking for. :nanner:

But since I don't live in the US, I have some trouble determining whether this car is worth considering. Help in getting a fellow Lotus enthousiast back into an Elise would be very much appreciated. :bow::bow:

2006 Used Lotus Elise at Windy City Motorsports in Schaumburg, IL - Vehicle Details

Thanks!
Arjan

·
Registered
485 Posts
Arjan,

Maybe someone here who has access to carfax (mine expired) can first run the carfax for you.

SCCPC11166HL32018

·
Registered
351 Posts
No kidding!! Otherwise the car looks good.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Nice with LSD and TC.. way to go!!!

·
Registered
217 Posts
That is one beautiful car! Pardon my ignorance, but what is the "Premium Package"? Was that something specific to '06 MY cars? '07 and '08s don't seem to have such a package.

·
Registered
340 Posts
It seems to have LSS although the ad does not really state that clearly. Black Pack, Touring, Hard Top, Premium Pack, nice stereo upgrade, no exhaust mods -- these all add value.

I pinged them about the car history, they said it is a lease return. They do not have an ECU dump.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Clean CarFax. 2 Owners. Nothing other then registration notes.

-M
I've seen car ads from this place before and wondered about them---certainly not a dealer----more of a new-age used lot.

The ad for the car conflicts the carfax:

"Buy with confidence knowing this 1 owner California car has never been involved in any accidents or had any paintwork, and is an AutoCheck certified vehicle"

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
those tires are not %40 left as they claim. the 2nd pictures shows a set of banana skins. those are done.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I can take a ride out there, not sure what you'd want me to check for though.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Why not just go to a known dealer, Fox Valley Motors? They are a Lotus dealer and have several in that price range.

·
Registered
18 Posts
While I am somewhat new to the whole Elise shopping, isn't 38K a bit high for that car? I am looking for something nearly identical to that and was hoping to scoop it up in the 33-35K range.

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
buy from a private party, and you dont pay sales tax............. saves a few grand, and private sellers bargain, dealers usually dont.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Would I pay sales tax if I'm not a US citizen and not living in the US?

buy from a private party, and you dont pay sales tax............. saves a few grand, and private sellers bargain, dealers usually dont.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
How easy would it to check whether it has the dual oilcoolers? The LSS wheels indicate it has the Sportpack (which comes with the dual oilcoolers), but there is no mention of that in the ad.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Just peak into the front holes, not the one that leads to the radiator, the ones to the sides of that one. If theres one in each hole, you have 2.

I can't imagine that car not having two. Looks like a loaded car. Black pack, Touring, LSS or maybe even Track pack.

The wheels and tires indicate the sport pack, but the shocks indicate the track pack. I bet that it has the toe link brace as well as the duel oil coolers.

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
No need to drive out to check out the features as I know this car very well.

When I was Lotus dealer (Lotus of South Bay) I sold this vehicle new to a very nice gentleman who is now on his 3rd Lotus.

This is a:

2006 Lotus Elise
-Chrome Orange
-Black Leather Seats
-Premium Pack
-Sport Pack
-Touring Pack
-Star Shield
-Traction Control

*We added the stage II exhaust, Ohlin Suspension and I believe we also powder coated the wheels and rear diffuser.

*Black pack from the factory is not available on sport pack models for the Elise.

*Sound system was probably installed afterwards from 2nd owner.

·
Registered
6,537 Posts
He's taking it out of the country so you may be right.

But most states will collect the 'sales' tax when you register the car, regardless of where you purchased it..private or dealer.

In my state it's called something other than 'sales' tax, but the state fee is equal to the sales tax percentage.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts