The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Exige S240
3,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The front fender air extractor has black slats; can someone make them disappear? I am thinking about removing them...

Attachments

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
...knock out all the gillwork in favor of mesh and that would be one sleek machine...

·
Registered
2008 Exige S240
3,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, that is my thinking...but it's a slippery slope when an Elise owner starts to
de-gill++++

·
Registered
539 Posts
hmm.. am i the only one that thinks those slats look cool as they are?

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
well, here is a quick photoshop without the slats.

still think it looks better with.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Yes, that is my thinking...but it's a slippery slope when an Elise owner starts to de-gill++++
still think it looks better with.
Thanks,I think you're right
...i disagree - i think you have the seed of something very special there...

...a de-gilled elise only works if it's absolutely complete, though - it's an entirely different aesthetic which clashes in partial execution...the greatest stumbling blocks for most which i've seen are the rear deck and rear clam filigree, both of which require a bit of innovation to handle elegantly: take a look at this car for an example of one done right...

·
shay2nak
25,133 Posts
looks better with the "slats."

·
Registered
539 Posts
...i disagree - i think you have the seed of something very special there...

...a de-gilled elise only works if it's absolutely complete, though - it's an entirely different aesthetic which clashes in partial execution...the greatest stumbling blocks for most which i've seen are the rear deck and rear clam filigree, both of which require a bit of innovation to handle elegantly: take a look at this car for an example of one done right...
ah.. that's Robet's car. (sleeperfocus)

his Elise is super bad-a$$. I had the privilege of parking next to him at last year's Motor4toys event.

here's a pic.

I guess ..M.. has a good point, if you're gonna go without slats. You gotta go completely slatless.

Attachments

·
Registered
2008 Exige S240
3,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I suck at photoshop...tried it again last night.

I am looking for a front fender slatless and a rear fender slatless now....any takers?

·
Registered
539 Posts
ok.. no slats, and STi slats with no slats

(slats, slats, slats... saying it reminds me of that old monty python "spam, spam, and more spam" sketch)

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts