The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
purveyor of lightness
4,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey - I'm finally installing my Kenwood subwoofer I bought off a fellow LT'er a year ago and was wondering if you could just remove the HVAC control module, drill a hole through the bottom of the aluminum dash shelf clear to the radio compartment?

Then it would be simple to route wires from the center spine?

Comments?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Just take the entire dash out. Takes about an hour and then working in there is super easy. There might be room for a small amp in there, now that I think about it. I put my satellite radio receiver and iPod controller under the dash.

·
purveyor of lightness
4,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I don't want to take the dash out - I've never had success with those fasteners.

It was hard enough pulling the cluster - ended up breaking the cowling in 3 places! :(

I'm thinking just a 1/2 drill bit straight up from the bottom to the space at the back of the radio - and have plastic wire sheathing around the wires popping through the new hole.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
I thought the same thing running signal wires, I'm not sure why there isn't a grommetted passthrough under there! If you make a hole post a pic so others can drill without drilling into something expensive ;)

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
I thought the same thing running signal wires, I'm not sure why there isn't a grommetted passthrough under there! If you make a hole post a pic so others can drill without drilling into something expensive ;)
Yeah, be careful and go super slow. There are a lot of electrical items and vents in the dash.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.