The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how completely nuts it's going to be on here when people start getting their cars?! There are going to be 20 new threads every day with pictures and impressions. This place is going to be the wildest car forum on the web this summer.

just thinking out loud...

-Steve
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,430 Posts
Steve,

Why don't you just make the next 4-6 weeks a little harder and give me a paper cut and pour lemon juice on it!:p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
963 Posts
I'm so tired of waiting. I can't wait for some owner impressions and photos from people in the US. I'll be hooked on this forum once the cars get here.

I think once the dealer cars get here it will start to get crazy, then it will only get more crazy. I'm looking forward to it. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,430 Posts
I agree with 1fastMX5. At least with me, I probably won't get out of my car for a week. I'll have someone else pump my gas and use drive thrus for food (no where to put the cups though). Hey I have a Powerbook, I don't need to go into work:p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
262 Posts
I imagine a fun separate thread will be to document the reactions of the public...since I imagine 80% of citizens have never seen or heard of the Elise.

There will be stories of walking out into the parking lot and your car is surrounded by admiring bikini-clad college girls, and such...!

Another thread should document where the Elise's are...maybe a map of the US, with info inputs along the lines of the Calender, with Forum members names. For example, click on Nebraska and you'll see ACE and me...eventually.............. Who has the expertise to create this???

Dave
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,802 Posts
My plan is to pick up my car in Atlanta (130 miles) go ahead and make the reservation for the first service for the following week.

Drive like mad to get the first 700-800 miles get the oil changed
Chris
 

·
Forum Founder
Joined
·
29,081 Posts
offroadr35 said:
how completely nuts it's going to be on here when people start getting their cars?! There are going to be 20 new threads every day with pictures and impressions. This place is going to be the wildest car forum on the web this summer.

just thinking out loud...

-Steve
I have been expecting it. You have not seen anything yet compared to what will happen once enough cars get on the road, hit the local autocrosses, etc. One of my main goals was to complete the server move before the cars get here.

I expect the regional forums to get a lot more traffic and overall posting to increase. We may need to add some moderators.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
963 Posts
Re: Re: Can you imagine...

Randy Chase said:
I expect the regional forums to get a lot more traffic and overall posting to increase. We may need to add some moderators.
Pick me, pick me! :clap:
 

·
shay2nak
Joined
·
25,068 Posts
Originally posted by offroadr35
There are going to be 20 new threads every day with pictures and impressions.
Good! I hope so. I'm a late recipient, so the more pictures of different colors the better.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,802 Posts
well I think the LA show cars were the most heavily photo'd cars, think that'll change with the first customer cars.

How many guys are also gonna take pics of their demo drive!!!:D
Chris
 

·
shay2nak
Joined
·
25,068 Posts
Originally posted by zvezdah1
How many guys are also gonna take pics of their demo drive!!!
EVERYONE, OF COURSE!!! ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
58 Posts
If we are going to do a map of the locations of the cars, can we do a "Great Roads" map?

You click on the state you are in or want to go to and it shows FUN routes?

I can moderate... Or be the official tester-I'd hate for any of you to get a bum route! :D

-Jeff
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
963 Posts
jsfarmer said:
If we are going to do a map of the locations of the cars, can we do a "Great Roads" map?

You click on the state you are in or want to go to and it shows FUN routes?

I can moderate... Or be the official tester-I'd hate for any of you to get a bum route! :D

-Jeff
There are no great roads in Florida, unless you like water on both sides of you. In that case A1A down The Keys is the only good road we have. :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,063 Posts
Ay bets on how long before the first "I crashed my Elise" post??? (esp. backwards into a ditch...) :D :D

Bye, Arno.
 
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Top