The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ha, yeah, it's the only tent I've got, and it's pretty nice.

Amazingly, the only thing that went in the passenger seat was the duffel bag with my clothes and stuff. I got a 4 person tent, twin air mattress, sleeping bag, the soft top, a (folded up) kite, an empty backpack, a camera bag, and some other stuff in the trunk.

·
Registered
7,027 Posts
Make her carry her own food.

When I show a newbie an Elise' boot, I remind them that I have lived a week out of a backpack about half that size. Including food and shelter and spirits (etc)!

·
Puff Daddy
3,872 Posts
Hah that's awesome!! I've taken my Exige to go fishing for a day but never camped overnight with it.

Here's my camping setup:

·
Premium Member
4,098 Posts
You people amaze me!

·
Registered
76 Posts
I figured you would have just thrown the Elise in the back of a pickup truck to take it camping :)

·
Registered
686 Posts
Maybe ge was camping out of the Elise for a double header track day, which then maybe its kosher to leave the lady at sewing class.

·
Registered
582 Posts
A friend of mine over here took his wife to Cairns on the other side of the country 3000 miles away. They went in the Elise and were away for 3 months and camped!!!
Anything is possible.

·
Registered
405 Posts
My wife and I have gone camping on my Triumph sportbike before. Just a matter of getting the right gear that packs up small. I honestly would be much more worried about getting the Elise to the camping spot without smashing the front clam than getting my stuff in it...Still nice job though.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Yes, and I survived !!! Got a bit chilly at times !!!!

Here's car with a boot rack and extra trunk about to cross Yukon River at Dawson !!! Dirty because I had just driven across the Top of the World Hiway from Chicken !!!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
I'd watch out for sap from pine trees getting on your Elise. That stuff can destroy the finish on your car.

Anyways, the car looks great at the campsite. Well done!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
My wife and I have gone camping on my Triumph sportbike before. Just a matter of getting the right gear that packs up small. I honestly would be much more worried about getting the Elise to the camping spot without smashing the front clam than getting my stuff in it...Still nice job though.
Oh yeah, I did that too... Hasn't everyone done that? :shrug:

Sadly I had to sell the bike because I'm pretty sure it was plotting to kill me. I promised myself I'd get a Lotus if I did though. Now I just make sure I choose a camp site that I can get into without smashing the clam.

David, I don't worry too much about tree sap. Any decent synthetic wax will protect the paint well enough unless you left the sap on there for weeks.

Anyway, very nice job waelsie. I'd be too worried to beat up the car doing all that.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
592 Posts
Love camping in the Evora..........at a Weston Resort........
I did a little camping on my CX500, 16,000 miles in 2 1/2 months. Thats the last time I went camping or rode the bike. 35 years with a M/C as primary transport. I just love the Evora's heated seats.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts