The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

Can you take an Elise camping?

9K views 25 replies 21 participants last post by  sturgeongeneral 
#1 ·
Yes... Yes you can. :up:

Carry on. :)

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Ha, yeah, it's the only tent I've got, and it's pretty nice.

Amazingly, the only thing that went in the passenger seat was the duffel bag with my clothes and stuff. I got a 4 person tent, twin air mattress, sleeping bag, the soft top, a (folded up) kite, an empty backpack, a camera bag, and some other stuff in the trunk.

#6 · (Edited)
Make her carry her own food.

When I show a newbie an Elise' boot, I remind them that I have lived a week out of a backpack about half that size. Including food and shelter and spirits (etc)!

#11 ·
I figured you would have just thrown the Elise in the back of a pickup truck to take it camping :)

#12 ·
Maybe ge was camping out of the Elise for a double header track day, which then maybe its kosher to leave the lady at sewing class.

#13 ·
A friend of mine over here took his wife to Cairns on the other side of the country 3000 miles away. They went in the Elise and were away for 3 months and camped!!!
Anything is possible.

#14 ·
My wife and I have gone camping on my Triumph sportbike before. Just a matter of getting the right gear that packs up small. I honestly would be much more worried about getting the Elise to the camping spot without smashing the front clam than getting my stuff in it...Still nice job though.

#18 ·
Oh yeah, I did that too... Hasn't everyone done that? :shrug:

Sadly I had to sell the bike because I'm pretty sure it was plotting to kill me. I promised myself I'd get a Lotus if I did though. Now I just make sure I choose a camp site that I can get into without smashing the clam.

David, I don't worry too much about tree sap. Any decent synthetic wax will protect the paint well enough unless you left the sap on there for weeks.

Anyway, very nice job waelsie. I'd be too worried to beat up the car doing all that.

Attachments

#16 · (Edited)
Yes, and I survived !!! Got a bit chilly at times !!!!

Here's car with a boot rack and extra trunk about to cross Yukon River at Dawson !!! Dirty because I had just driven across the Top of the World Hiway from Chicken !!!

Attachments

#20 ·
Love camping in the Evora..........at a Weston Resort........
I did a little camping on my CX500, 16,000 miles in 2 1/2 months. Thats the last time I went camping or rode the bike. 35 years with a M/C as primary transport. I just love the Evora's heated seats.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.