The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I have a 97 V8 and find the seat bottoms don't give my legs enough upward angle support and I would like to tilt the front of the seat up. Any ideas on how to do that? I was thinking of adding spacers or washers but the seat mounts don't look very long coming out of the bottom of the car.
It feels like my legs are either bent hanging in the air or if I move way to the rear they are straight out, too flat.
Thanks for the help :D

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks so much for posting the pictures. That makes sense. It looks like about a two in riser would be good? Maybe square bar stock instead of wood?

·
Registered
576 Posts
Hawaii I am not a fan of the stock seats, Travis' picture is of an Elise shell in the Esprit. I have the same set up in my SE, and I love them. I think the 97 V8 has the same seats as the S4 that we have. You could probably get a little lift on the front by unbolting and adding some washers to the front, but as you said you don't have that much stud to work with.

You could have longer studs welded in or use a union nut and a threaded rod, but then you would need to drill the floor holes out. Either method is pretty straight forward. You can certainly try out different angles by using washers/spacers before everything gets bolted down again.

Randy

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
I don't use a riser in mine, I need all the hip/leg room I can get, so the back of my Elise seats are flat against the firewall. Since the riser would tip the seat back, and bring the bottom of the seat forward...

The Elise seats use normal bolts, I can just buy a longer bolt. For the normal Esprit seats with the short studs, I guess you would have to bolt the seat to the blocks and then the blocks to the car.

·
Premium Member
460 Posts
You can put about 12mm of washers under the front of the seat. Doesn't sound like much but it makes a big difference. The seat track bolts extending out of the body might not be long enough to engage the nylock nuts, so be sure to put thread locking compound on the nuts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts