The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are thinking about attending the Canadian GP. Any advice on ticket purchase, where to stay, parking at the race, etc. Any help would greatly be appreciated. I know I could get tickets on the web but maybe there is another source. Parking and accomodations are our big questions. We are thinking about driving the Elise in.
PS I attended the Lotus Las Vegas Driving experience in July 2007 with two guys from Montreal, would like to hear from you if you are on LT.
Thanks, Adam.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Me and a small group of 12 guys are going there. But we got our tickets and hotel arranged half a year ago.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
I bought my ticket online. Don't need to stay close to the track. Just take a subway to the track and most hotel will have free shuttle to the subway stations.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks all.
What kind of delays should I expect crossing into Canada from NY or Vermont. After looking into this more we might fly into Burlington and rent a car and drive.
Adam.

·
Registered
564 Posts
delays at the border may run up to 1 and 1/2 hours depending on time of day.sunday afternoons are the worse during summer.
while in Montreal try to stay near a metro line as thats your quickest and only way to getting at the track.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
I guess that depends on the time and the day. Last year going there no delay at all crossing the border. Coming back there were some delay. I guess everybody is coming back from the race :D

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Well, if you can't find any hotels, stay on the other side of the river in Longueuil. You can still get hotels there at decent prices. Also, plenty of places to eat there and its easy to 10 min drive into montreal where you can park for the race.

Also, depending on what time you drive up, you may have no wait. Last year I drove up Friday morning, hit the border at 6:00am and was the only car (NY thruway border crossing). Problem was crossing coming home after the race. Was like a 1.5 hour wait.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Titleist1, I posted available tickets and hotel on the New England region threads:

A friend bought a block of tickets to the F-1 race in Montreal for June 7th (practice) and 8th (race.) The seats are in Grandstand 34. Most of the tickets have been reserved/served, but he has some left at $250/seat.

He also booked a block of rooms at the Doubletree in Montreal with a three night minimum. There are still a few rooms unclaimed (figure about $1300 for 3 nights including taxes and etc.).
CORRECTION - tickets are Bronze and for all three days:
Friday: practice
Saturday: qualifying
Sunday: race

PM me, if you want contact info. As far as I know, there are still tickets and rooms left in the block.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Good luck finding a hotel. Spent about 3 hours trying to find one and then gave up. Didn't look outside of the downtown core though so you might have better luck if you don't mind taking public transpo into town.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks all once again.
NeedANewCure I will keep you in mind.
I will do some more research and see what I come up with.
Is it possible to stay overnight in NY or Vermont and go back and forth to Montreal for Friday thru Sunday??
Adam.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts