The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Absolute power does what?
3,201 Posts
I can't say for certain but I'd be 95% sure that yes, they are the same. While the clam is different it's not so different as to change the front sides where the canards would go. In fact to a degree the canards are generic and don't fit exactly perfectly anyway. When I did mine I put a piece of .25" weather stripping between them and the car to fill the gaps since the curve of the canards doesn't perfect match the curve of the car.

Worst case you buy a pair, hold them up to the car and they don't fit. In that case you'll post them here and get exactly what you paid for them new as those are popular and would sell fast.

So I say give it a go and let us know!

-Ross

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, will try then. Do you know which one is good in the market?

I can't say for certain but I'd be 95% sure that yes, they are the same. While the clam is different it's not so different as to change the front sides where the canards would go. In fact to a degree the canards are generic and don't fit exactly perfectly anyway. When I did mine I put a piece of .25" weather stripping between them and the car to fill the gaps since the curve of the canards doesn't perfect match the curve of the car.

Worst case you buy a pair, hold them up to the car and they don't fit. In that case you'll post them here and get exactly what you paid for them new as those are popular and would sell fast.

So I say give it a go and let us know!

-Ross

·
3,201 Posts
Ok, will try then. Do you know which one is good in the market?
while there are other options, most notably the Reveries and while I can find them online I didn't see a price (but their stuff is crazy expensive). I, like many others here, have the APR Canards. Straightforward to install - although I did have a local body shop do it for me. I had my front clam off for other work and just took the shop the clam and canards. They installed a set of rivnuts behind it (held in with bondo on the backside) so I could remove them by taking the screw out. Definitely not pretty inside the wheel well but looks great on the outside.

Here's a picture of my car with them installed. While mine are carbon I wrapped them in red vinyl to match the livery of the car. My side scoops are the same, carbon wrapped in vinyl. Sorta painful to wrap a piece of pretty carbon but I think the red looks better.

2012-09-09 19.07.56.jpg

·
3,201 Posts
Here is mine with the APR canards
Love that front splitter - do you have a better picture though, maybe in the sunlight or at least not in the shadows of a rainstorm??

Dang Ross she is beautiful as well as a beast!!!!
Thanks Sturg, appreciate that coming from you. I have a few more visual plans for this spring, want to add some more red and extend the goal stripe down the side/back of the car. I'm going to add red pinstripes to the skirts and rear diffuser. Then I think I'll add some laser to the sides to complete the package!!!

·
3,201 Posts
See now there you go - if you're gonna show off your car do it like that so we can all really see her!!!

Is that also the APR front splitter? In my opinion you can't put too much / too big aero on these cars. When I tear off my current splitter I want to put something huge on it - maybe not quite what Phil from BOE has done with his but something much larger none the less.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
this is a Kevin (ktw63) splitter . It attaches to the crash box and replaces the under tray and has aero panels on the front suspension cut outs

·
Premium Member
4,101 Posts
Cash........Have a web address?

Nords......Don't see why you cant call Reverie or APR and ask..............

·
3,201 Posts
Ross, your car looks beautiful :up:
Thanks my friend, I appreciate that. Do you have a thread with some pics of yours? I like the two-tone tail end and am planning to do that with either red or gold this spring.

·
Premium Member
4,101 Posts
Ross..............Running Red wheels already. Please don't think im plagiarizing if I do the wide side scoops and splitter the same.

Any Idea on a ktw63 splitter? Where may we purchase one?

·
3,201 Posts
Ross..............Running Red wheels already. Please don't think im plagiarizing if I do the wide side scoops and splitter the same.

Any Idea on a ktw63 splitter? Where may we purchase one?
I would consider it an honor my friend, please feel free. I'll probably change mine up in the next few years so don't sweat it. You'd no doubt get UGA comments!!

·
Registered
712 Posts
ktw63 no longer makes the splitter. Another member on the forum was 'supposed to' buy the molds from him and start production once again, at least that's the rumor. Also one more thing to note... the splitter last I checked wasn't designed for the Exige clam.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts