The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Curbing, rumple strips, as 9and3 stated, have grooves in them.

When I first saw the post of cady cane stripes I thought someone painted red stripes on a white lotus. Very disappointed. :(

·
Registered
605 Posts

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
Oh, I just thought they were gators because when they are in green and white they "looked" like gators on the side of the road. lol.
- I could be totally wrong on that. Just the first time I was on the track with an instructor and he was showing me around he always referred to them as gators so that is just what I thought.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
If they don't have teeth, most people just call it curbs or curbing.

Gators don't tend to upset the car if they are on the inside of the corner if you are close to the limit since the inside tires are lightly loaded. I can positively say they upset the car if you hit them with the outside tires on track out. Carolina Motorsports Park has some nasty gators on the track out of some of the corners. Almost put me into the tire wall, but I was able to save it. -eek-

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
I call it 12 inches of extra track I get to use so I can get on the throttle a fraction of a second early and be a bit faster at the end of the next straight.. :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts