The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a new owner of an 06 Elise and I have the PIN.. I also followed the instructions carefully, multiple times but cannot figure it out.

The previous owner isn't around, so I can't ask him. But the car can be started and unlocked manually with a key only (nothing happens when remotes are used) so I believe he disabled or bypassed the immobilizer.. The car did come with 2 FOBs.. However, I cannot program them at all.

When I follow the procedure to - I hold both fob buttons to get the steady light on the remote.. great.. The problem is - when I turn the ignition on and off 3 times, the tach light stays on. it doesn't turn off. So basically I never get to the point where I can enter a PIN.. 3 key turns and the light just stays lit.

I've searched all over and can't find anyone that has this exact issue.. THanks for the help

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Yep, that's close to where I am. Only my tach light doesn't come on at all when I do the 3 on/offs. I am going on vacation for the next 5 days so I won't have a chance to look into it more until next weekend. If I find something out I will update my thread that KWin linked to.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK.. I read up more on this - if the alarm module in the passenger area cubby/airbag area is disconnected in our cases, connecting back will result in flashing tell-tale non-stop, is that correct?

If that's the case, I'd rather lock the car with keys only

·
Premium Member
2,744 Posts
Without the immobilizer the car is basically a 73 Chevy theft wise. Power locks are nice, but a [properly] working immobilizer of some sort is IMO necessary

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Agree but with all of the issues immobilizer has been giving people on this site, there is probably a good reason so many disable it and/or the alarm

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Without the immobilizer the car is basically a 73 Chevy theft wise. Power locks are nice, but a [properly] working immobilizer of some sort is IMO necessary
Instead of bypassing the immobilizer you can use a hidden toggle switch to provide peace of mind without having to hassle with the immobilizer and key fob.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts