The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've exhausted almost all options with my 2010 Evora: I drive it once a week or so and the battery would drain in between those drives.
So as others have suggested, I bought a trickle charger, even using one of those Lithium-Iron light battery with the corresponding charger, as suggested in another thread. I also replaced all light bulbs with LED.
Yet, after a few days, I noticed that the battery was again completely drained again, even thought the trickle charger was on!
At some point, I measured the current consumption directly at the battery after closing the door. I noticed that most of the time, it was under 50 mA but in some cases, for no reasons I can think of, it was around 800 mA!!! At that current level, my guess is that the charger wasn't able to provide 800 mA and keep the battery charged.

I've heard people using a kill switch but I can't believe there isn't any other alternative for the people not driving the car every day.

Has anyone experienced the same battery problem or could it be an electrical problem with my car?

·
Disciple of Chapman
1,620 Posts
Had a similar problem with a 2007 Tahoe. After a lot of work it turned out to be a faulty Body control Module

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
TADTS ;)

A kill switch isn't the best approach IMO. Everytime you disconnect the power, you reset the ECU which has to relearn certain settings for optimal operation.

You're looking at the problem wrong. An 800mA draw is simply too high and a kill switch isn't going to change that. Your better off first identifying where the parasitic draw is. Fix that problem first.

If you need help, you can check out EricTheCarGuy's youtube video on it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts