The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Due to some unfortunate recent events, I am no longer able to buy my dream-lise. However, knowing how enthusiastic all you guys are, I'm offering up my place. If anybody is interested please email me at [email protected] . I am about # 40 on the list at Overseas Motors in Dallas, Texas, and they have told me that they estimate a January order. Thanks so much, and i look forward to talking with those who are interested.

Myke:huh:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
:( :( :(

·
Forum Mop
612 Posts
>1998 Mustang GT Conv.
>1996 BMW 328is
>2001 BMW 325Ci
>2001 BMW M Coupe
>2003 Infiniti FX 35
>2005 Lotus Elise

hmmmm ... i wonder what's hurting your pocketbook... hmmm.. ;)

Good luck getting rid of your spot. Hopefully someone will grab it from ya.

·
Registered
687 Posts
ace3 said:
>1998 Mustang GT Conv.
>1996 BMW 328is
>2001 BMW 325Ci
>2001 BMW M Coupe
>2003 Infiniti FX 35
>2005 Lotus Elise

hmmmm ... i wonder what's hurting your pocketbook... hmmm.. ;)

Good luck getting rid of your spot. Hopefully someone will grab it from ya.
A 19 yr. old student can afford all of those cars and not an Elise? More importantly, he'd rather have those 5 than parting with 2 or 3 of those and getting his "dream-lise"?

Hmm... makes me wonder. Lost inheritance? Caught with tax fraud? Internet scam? Sued for downloading MP3s?

Just messing with you, Myke. I sure there's a perfectly reasonable explanation, although I can't seem to think of one at the moment. ;)

·
Registered
866 Posts
I dont' know for sure, but I think that overseas motors will turn out to be somewhat unreliable. I had a deposit down there for a short time. The first time I called, no one there knew that they were ven taking deposits for the Elise. I had to take a road trip to get there, and when I arrived, there was only one person who knew they were taking deposits. It was more than disconcerting. I hope for everyone's sake that my experience there was isolated, but I fear for everyone that it was not.

I have my deposit down at another dealer, and think that there are quite a few of us that geve our spots up at Overseas for somewhere else. If anyone is interested, I think that even if they don't get a lot of cars, the line will move a little faster there because some people are using them as a last resort dealership.

P.S. I am sorry to hear that about your car. Best wishes though. :(

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
I would be very surprised if that dealer didn't just move people up a bit, after # 40. Anything other than you actually purchasing, then re-selling the car on your own, seems to me to be something the dealer won't allow.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
NAH u guys STOOPID

The cars on my list are all just the cars I have owned in the past 4 years! WISH I COULD STILL HAVE EM ALL, believe me. I just drive the 'Finiti now a days. :cool:

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Re: NAH u guys STOOPID

mykemyke said:
I just drive the 'Finiti now a days. :cool:
Chuck the spacionwagon*!

*Ex-bf has an FX35, and that is what I used to call it. It looked rather awkward when parked next to the elise. Nick from Symbolic best described it: "What the **** is that!" It would have been a nice tow vehicle though :rolleyes:

·
Registered
79 Posts
On eBay you can sell anything.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Re: Re: NAH u guys STOOPID

Modern Wedgie said:
Chuck the spacionwagon*!

*Ex-bf has an FX35, and that is what I used to call it. It looked rather awkward when parked next to the elise. Nick from Symbolic best described it: "What the **** is that!" It would have been a nice tow vehicle though :rolleyes:
I love the FX. Best looking SUV out there.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Must be nice to have "daddy and Mommy" pay for all of those nice toys for you to drive around. Being 19 there isn't a way in hell you were able to afford all of them on your own. Did daddy pull your allowance and now you can't afford the Elise....good luck in school.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
John4378 said:
Must be nice to have "daddy and Mommy" pay for all of those nice toys for you to drive around. Being 19 there isn't a way in hell you were able to afford all of them on your own. Did daddy pull your allowance and now you can't afford the Elise....good luck in school.
What did he do to you? Easy dude, hate the game etc.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts