The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone help me find the alloy fuel filler cap that will replace the crap plastic one on my 2005 elise?

I couldn't find it on lotusgarage.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
You are not going to find an alloy fuel filler cap anywhere - it's hard enough to find a replacement plastic one. I'm curious as to why you would even want one, since it's covered by the fuel filler door anyway. The Bling factor? :confused:

Now, if you are talking about alloy oil filler caps, they are available from several sources, including eBay. But keep in mind that the "cheap plastic" oil filler cap doesn't burn your hand when you remove it like the alloy ones can... :shrug:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You are not going to find an alloy fuel filler cap anywhere - it's hard enough to find a replacement plastic one. I'm curious as to why you would even want one, since it's covered by the fuel filler door anyway. The Bling factor? :confused:

Now, if you are talking about alloy oil filler caps, they are available from several sources, including eBay. But keep in mind that the "cheap plastic" oil filler cap doesn't burn your hand when you remove it like the alloy ones can... :shrug:
Mine has deteriorated in the sun. I would like something that will last under hot weather conditions. ( I live in San Diego).

I heard the 07 exige comes with or has an alloy fuel filler cap available on the market.

Can you help me locate this?

If not, I'll just have to replace it with another plastic one.

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
Mine has deteriorated in the sun. I would like something that will last under hot weather conditions. ( I live in San Diego).

I heard the 07 exige comes with or has an alloy fuel filler cap available on the market.

Can you help me locate this?

If not, I'll just have to replace it with another plastic one.
Sure you are not referring to the oil filler cap? I don't see how a fuel filler cap could deteriorate in the sun. :shrug:

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,687 Posts
No idea.......maybe if the thread title was fixed ????? :shrug:
" Can't alloy fuel filler cap for 2005 Elise on Lotus Garge "

·
Registered
9,273 Posts
Is this on the top left of your engine? If so, please don't put gas in the hole it's covering.

OR

Is this on the passenger side of your car, under the alum. hinged door/cover just behind the passenger entry portal?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
alright fellas, I know I screwed up the title lol, but jokes aside; can someone send me a link to any fuel filler cap for an 05 Elise? Aluminum preferred.

I just need to replace the faded plastic one on my Elise, and yes, I know the difference between the oil cap and fuel cap/door lol.

Thanks!

·
Registered
7,002 Posts
We just don't understand how the fuel filler cap could possibly be sun faded.
...and why you'd care if it somehow is...:shrug:

·
Registered
7,002 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts