The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Evora GT in Formula Red, coordinated black+red interior, windowed engine hatch
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lots of mixed data and outright conjecture out there. Bottom line: Is 2020 the last "Evora" year, or are they squeezing one more year out of what is now the 2020 GT?

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
5,619 Posts
No one knows anything for sure, it's all rumors right now, but I believe 2020 will be the last year for the Evora. Soon Lotus will be showing the concept version of it's next model which most believe will be based on the Evora chassis, with the current V6 and electric power, two seats only and updated styling inside and out. But that's just my opinion, I could be wrong.

·
Premium Member
6,776 Posts
2021 Evora will be identical to 2020

Next car NEW!

Reactions: Kubera

·
Registered
2005 Lotus Elise
74 Posts
They have said the next car will be more affordable than the Evora, I don't see it being Evora based. I am still hoping for a new Elise!

·
Registered
2020 Evora GT in Formula Red, coordinated black+red interior, windowed engine hatch
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
2021 Evora will be identical to 2020
And yet I just now had yet another dealer repeat the story that 2020 is the last year on the Evora platform. Hence my confusion!!! {grin}

·
Registered
282 Posts
all Loti sold since 1996 are based on the original Elise glued extruded aluminium tub. subsequent models are all variation of the "same" tub. Lotus currently only has another chassis in development and it is the SUV chassis. Unless the new lotus sport car will be based off of the SUV chassis (FR or AWD), I doubt Lotus/Geely will be able to engineer a new MR chassis in such a short time. I bet the new lotus sport car will still be based on the 1996 tub.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, yes, I guess that's true. They all stem from a common heritage. What I wondered was if the 2021 USA vehicle was going to be "another Evora" or if it would be something different enough to be considered different. In the last little while we've had the Evora, Evora S, Evora 400, and now the Evora GT. And that doesn't include all the versions not available in the USA (GT430, etc.) and I've probably forgotten a couple more. But they're all known as "Evoras". I wonder if the 2021 car will be known as an "Evora".

·
Premium Member
6,776 Posts
2022 new model. We will hopefully see it next year.
My dealer was at Hethel recently so he is in the loop.

·
Premium Member
6,776 Posts
Correct, they announce in 2021 and it will be a 2022. There WILL be a 2021 Evora GT (I bet a final edition)

·
Premium Member
2,161 Posts
What about the 2020 new car announced in 2018 and 2019, and the 2021 car announced in 2020? I'm not trying to be argumentative, but having seen this movie so many times, it's just hard to stay seated until the end. The roadster version of the Evora was "built in" to its design, but then it was gone.

·
Premium Member
6,776 Posts
We have folks here with carnal knowledge. This time its real. Lotus is actually doing quite well, comparatively.
Yea they blew off the roadster for unknown reasons. This is a NEW design language, new vehicle etc.My dealer knows about it as well as others here in the loop. It will be based on the styling language of the Evija.....NEWSFLASH should be stunning if they can pull it off. CEO has said details will be released next summer. I believe this because it comes straight from the CEO and if you watched the POdcast last month, lots details were released albeit in a disconnected order on purpose.

I am convinced enough to just wait, mod my 11S into a more serious track weapon and see what the future holds. i can always find an Evora if disappointed. Doubrt i will be.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just to be clear... are you speaking of the "2021 version of the Evora" (evolutionary next-year version of the same car) or the rumored "last ICE-based platform before we go all electric" (whole new model)?

·
Premium Member
6,776 Posts
2021 Evora sir.
Insummer 2021, the new model will be introduced....NEW vehicle, not Evora.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts