The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I have a 2006 Elise. I just had it serviced 2 weeks back and went on a few drives. After 5 to 6 days sitting at the garage, it's started giving me a battery problem (I guess). So the first time when I faced this issue, everything was on, DRL (headlights), radio and all other interior lights. When I cranked the engine, I heard some clicking sound and everything went off with a continuous beep sound. Started didn't crank the engine. I tried 3 to 4 times and gave up. Then I kept the battery hooked to a trickle charger till trickle charger showed the battery is fully charged. However, this time when I turn on the key (no cranking) I didn't even start the DRL's and from my observation looks like the power supply was breaking.
I have a video attached for this instance <https://drive.google.com/open?id=1NgfomrVoPE96e7whXsH7JzLjE7Sa5XGT>

I checked the battery terminal connections, they are properly connected with no corrosion or rust. I am planning to charge a battery with an auxiliary battery charger (10 amp) if not, just use the started mode of the charger to start the engine (haven't tried it).

Was wondering if anyone of you has faced the same issue and what did you find out?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts