The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Tire abuser
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I lurked on here for a long time. This is a fantastic forum to learn....

Finally bought a silver '06 Elise that I located here on Lotustalk (THANKS member SilveElise!!). After having it a few days, I love driving this car so MUCH! Wow! I can't wait to get it on a track.

I did have to question my sanity for even trying to own a car this small since I am a little over 6'4" but it is not a problem at all. Getting in and out is a little tricky, as you all know, but the car is very comfortable for me. Being only 195 lbs helps. I think width would be more of an issue than height.

I really just wanted to say "Thank You" for all the information. Lots of fun ahead and I hope to meet many of you.

Jeff

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
Welcome to our disfunctional family! And as most people usually say.. Post pics of your new toy! (Some of them may imply you need to have a smokin' hot lady in the picture too, curves go with curves).

·
Registered
33 Posts
Welcome. Me too, bought a silver 06 Elise about three weeks ago. It has been tons of fun so far learning the new toy. Looking forward to seeing some pics.

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

·
Registered
173 Posts
Congratulations! It's really neat to own one of these rare cars. I get people turning their heads to take a double look all the time.

·
Premium Member
5,176 Posts
CONGRADULATIONS!! The nice thing is that next year the ear to ear grin will still be there! Mind you, an Elise WILL get under your skin. You will be dreaming of the next upgrade. Enjoy the ride, but on this forum you actually didn't buy it until the pictures are posted!

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
yup, enjoy, pics or it didn't happen....

·
Registered
301 Posts
I live up in Prosper and am in the Frisco/McKinney/Plano area daily in my Exige. I'll keep an eye out for you.

Lotus club meeting at Londoner in Addison...I think the 3rd Tuesday of each month? I'd have to look but small group, nice guys, etc.

And do the Cars and Coffee thing. I didn't go this month but do every 2nd or 3rd month. We need more Lotus' there.

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
hmmmm.... No pics yet, perhaps he confused his minivan for a Lotus.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts