The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New to this forum and though I'd skip the introduction but then again maybe not.

The names Alex a 24yrold Swede, been in to cars since my late teens and have been working on an Austin Healey Sprite MK1 these past three years and that's getting close to being completed. Since little I always wanted an Elan Sprint and almost got to buy one a while ago. Everything was agreed upon but the owner passed away and with that came the long lost relatives.

Anyhow now I've stumbled upon another Lotus an Europa from 71 with the Renault engine so I guess that makes it an S2? Know little about the car except that it was driven until "parked" in a barn about 30+ something years ago. Don't even know if it's LHD or RHD. I got to know about the car from a lady at work who mentioned in passing that here granddad had a Lotus and that it was probably for sale of anyone would show any interest in it. The owned had it since new and is now 85 years of age and he has agreed to show it to me on Saturday 10AM sharp.

Now the question is (standard) what's it worth? I know it's hard to make an estimate knowing so little but what do project cars usually fetch?

Cheers
Alex

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just got back from the escapade, no pictures but now I know what I'm dealing with. The car was a runner. A lot of work had been done so all the mechanicals were sorted. What's left is interior and paint. He also has another basked case he disassembled plus parts from another Europa.

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free

1 - 5 of 5 Posts