The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Well this past month has been nuts. I have an oil leak, which i cannot find and now trouble codes. The car acted up today on my way home from a friends home.

It lost power, its idling strangely the codes are

P0106
P0135
P0155

Jeez. Thanks all

·
Registered
224 Posts
P0106 Manifold Absolute Pressure/Barometric Pressure Circuit Range/Performance
P0135 O2 Sensor Heater Circuit (Pre Catalyst)

P0155 I dont have

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
How does one go about reading diagnostic codes from an Esprit? A serial port connection? Are there howto's avail? Downloading software?

·
Registered
74 Posts
P0106 - Manifold Absolute Pressure sensor, Circuit Range/Performance Problem
P0135 - O2 Heater Circuit Malfunction, RH bank, pre-catalyst
P0155 - O2 Heater Circuit Malfunction, LH bank, pre-catalyst

The MAP sensor is that black box, top center toward the rear of the engine, you can't miss it.

All these codes came on at the same time? Sounds like you have an electrical issue. The only think I can suggest is check grounding straps and battery cables.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yes I was driving the car and suddenly it started to act up sound diffrent and had NO power. Got the codes at the same time. I wonder what electrical issue I could have? thanks

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
battery and alternator SEEM fine, not sure. Can I do the typical test by running the car and unplugging the battery to see it it shuts off??

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Ditto what Knut said. That test was fine on the old 69 Camaro but is a good way to fry some electronics in modern computer controlled cars.

Test it with a volt meter or better yet, take it to your local auto parts store and let them test both for you.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts