The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Does anyone know of any reputable car audio installers in the L.A. area (someone that you'd trust with the Elise). I desperately need more bass in the car. I already have the upgraded Alpine system, which has a decent head unit and plenty of mid-range & treble. I guess now I just need a subwoofer and an amp.

I don't want the sub in the footwell, so is Chuck Risen's system the only way to go? I saw a few posts about guys who have used powered subs sitting behind the seats. But there wasn't much info on this. Is that a decent way to go? I don't want to spend a ton of money. I just want to feel some bass, especially since I listen mostly to electronica & reggae/dub (bass-heavy music). I'd like to keep it under a grand for everything, including installation, but I don't even know if that's possible. Thanks, guys.

PS: I don't know anything at all about audio components, other than the basics, so I can't do it myself.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Why dont you want the JL box for the footwell? The owner of JL audio had it designed for his personal car, so I dont think you are going to get that much of a better sounding sub out there unless you go custom and there goes your budget.... Chuck's boxes are high quality and have not heard a bad thing about them... either choice is a good one, why mess with something that works..

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
Lotus of Beverly Hills has a *very* nice stereo setup that includes new speakers all the way around & the use of the stealth box behind the seats (and an amp or two). They work with a very reputable installer who also does all their other exotic brands.

Give 'em a call - they're great to work with. :: LOTUS BEVERLY HILLS ::

I don't have their setup myself, but I've been in an Elise that did have their setup - it was impressive (for an Elise, anyway).

·
Registered
826 Posts
Lotus of Beverly Hills has a *very* nice stereo setup that includes new speakers all the way around & the use of the stealth box behind the seats (and an amp or two). They work with a very reputable installer who also does all their other exotic brands.

Give 'em a call - they're great to work with. :: LOTUS BEVERLY HILLS ::

I don't have their setup myself, but I've been in an Elise that did have their setup - it was impressive (for an Elise, anyway).
Do you know what installer they work with?

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry to resurrect my old thread, but the holidays are approaching and I need a gift for the Elise...

Has anyone just hooked up a powered sub and just stuck it behind the seats? Will this alone give me enough bass that I will notice/feel? Thanks guys.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Home

Great shop that cares about things like, where to place heavy things in racecars. They will even fabricate seats and middle cabinets to place weight in the center of the car. Little expensive but they are very skilled, they did my system - which has since been gutted since it's more a track car now.

Al and Eds on La Cienega did the work on my STi and that was reasonably priced but pretty quick and the work was great.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Ask Jamey Rawlings at Rawlings Audio [email protected] 626.372.0744

Jamie is on the board periodically, Jamincali, I think. He has the nicest '06 Exige, bemani S/C, all CF, etc. He knows his stuff and he is a Lotus guy.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Jamey from Rawlings Audio was the exclusive installer from LBH, and also has a permanent work space here at mulholland. He and Howie his installer have tons of experience with lotus's and all exotics for that matter.

You can call him @ 626-372-0744

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
Ask Jamey Rawlings at Rawlings Audio [email protected] 626.372.0744

Jamie is on the board periodically, Jamincali, I think. He has the nicest '06 Exige, bemani S/C, all CF, etc. He knows his stuff and he is a Lotus guy.
Jamey from Rawlings Audio was the exclusive installer from LBH, and also has a permanent work space here at mulholland. He and Howie his installer have tons of experience with lotus's and all exotics for that matter.

You can call him @ 626-372-0744
+1 for Jamie. If you see his car you'll know your car is in good hands.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks guys. I spoke with Jamey and we're trying to figure out the best way to proceed for the best bang for the buck...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts