The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FYI for anyone interested...

Silver Star Louts of Thousand Oaks, California is intending to sell its demo this Thursday (9/30) for 10k over MSRP. It's Saffron Yellow, and does NOT have LSS. (they changed their Demo spec because of the LSS delays)

I think the car will be sold to the first person willing to pay 10 over.

If anyone here does want to buy, mention Judy Little as your dealer. Thats where this info came from.

Steve

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
i was wondering why it was still sitting in the showroom. I thought it was always for sale. 10k over, huh. yellow, huh...forget it! i'll wait for mine.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Wonder how Lotus feels about that. If I was Lotus USA I would threaten to cut their allocations in half. Greedy dealer screwing over customers for short term profits.

"Well yeah, Lotus sent us a demo for customers and potential customers to test drive, but we are not going to give test drives and try to make a quick 10 grand off of it instead"

I am beginning to appreciate my dealer more and more.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Yea Donovan, we're with a dealer that didn't get the best allocation, but at least they seem to be on the up and up.

Now, if we could just get lotus to batch my CO in with the rest of the boys next month.......

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not to defend Silver star too much, I had enough problems with them myself, but their logic is that they currently have a back order list of 2 years, what the hell do they need a demo for? People on the list? Already got them and their money. People not on the list? Test drive then tell them they'll have to wait 2 years?

So Silver star chose not to let anyone drive it and instead sell it for a profit. I'm fine with that, at least they haven't bumped any of the people on the queue or added ficticious names to the list.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Will someone please tell me where are
all those 'early on' high allocations that
'left coast' dealers were supposed to get
at the expense of everyone else?

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
why Ridgeman, do you have you car? I have mine.

Most of them appear to be in Long Beach harbor at the moment. The two year waiting list for Silver star is 150 people long at the moment.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Steve W said:
why Ridgeman, do you have you car? I have mine.

Most of them appear to be in Long Beach harbor at the moment. The two year waiting list for Silver star is 150 people long at the moment.
I have
an early Nov. buid date, being #12 at Valenti. That projects my total waiting time from 'time of deposit' to 'actual receiving date' to be 12 - 13 months.
Know anyone who can say that on the 'left coast'? Fox-Valley has a huge waiting list and have received many more
cars than you guys....and their in cold, cold Chicago. Guess you guys weren't 'the chosen people' after all.:p

·
Registered
65 Posts
Ridgemanron said:
I have
an early Nov. buid date, being #12 at Valenti. That projects my total waiting time from 'time of deposit' to 'actual receiving date' to be 12 - 13 months.
Know anyone who can say that on the 'left coast'? Fox-Valley has a huge waiting list and have received many more
cars than you guys....and their in cold, cold Chicago. Guess you guys weren't 'the chosen people' after all.:p
Relax... The cold weather is gettin to you.

No one can argue SoCal is the best place to enjoy your car in the US. So yes, we still are the chosen people :)))

Even if we have no Loti to drive.

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
So Silver star chose not to let anyone drive it and instead sell it for a profit.
Are you trying to say that they don't make a profit at MSRP?

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
>>>I have an early Nov. buid date, being #12 at Valenti. That projects my total waiting time from 'time of deposit' to 'actual receiving date' to be 12 - 13 months. <<<

That sounds like you'll get your car in January and can drive it several months later. Valenti seems to have a low allocation or something, so others on the list may have longer waits. You can't just go by the number on the waiting line. Some dealers will be getting more cars than others hence they can move through their lists more rapidly.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
patavakian said:
Relax... The cold weather is gettin to you.

No one can argue SoCal is the best place to enjoy your car in the US. So yes, we still are the chosen people :)))

Even if we have no Loti to drive.
We'll, I guess being 'chosen.... to suffer' is something to 'hang
your hat on''. P.S. - Perhaps those huge
'Cal' allocations were diverted to Mexico?
I did read somewhere that a lot of Brits
believe the U.S. stole California from the
Mexicans and that it should 'rightfully' be
returned to them. --Ole!:cool:

·
Registered
493 Posts
Yea, those are the same brits that are still pissed off they got smoked in the war of 1812

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Yeah, we would like our colonies back please. It would really help with our balance of payments.

:p

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Stan said:
>>>I have an early Nov. buid date, being #12 at Valenti. That projects my total waiting time from 'time of deposit' to 'actual receiving date' to be 12 - 13 months. <<<

That sounds like you'll get your car in January and can drive it several months later. Valenti seems to have a low allocation or something, so others on the list may have longer waits. You can't just go by the number on the waiting line. Some dealers will be getting more cars than others hence they can move through their lists more rapidly.
Early in 2004 a large group of 'Cal. boys' took issue with any mention of fair allocations for all parts of the country, claiming that they were entitled
to anywhere from 50 to 75% of the expected 2,200 cars produced annually, especially those arriving in the first months of delivery. I take great pleasure in the fact that here we
are in the 'Fall of 04' and all the other
parts of the country have done better
than the 'left coast' with regard to getting cars. :clap:

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
I thought we established that California is getting more cars, not because the dealers are getting more allocation, but because we have more dealers. In any case, even with the seemingly slow arrivals, and dealers selling from underneath the wait list, I can name 7-8 EliseTalker's alone who took delivery that live within a 50 mile radius of one another. I can name another handful who live in LA. Add in the central California dealer and those form Norcal, and you can imagine how many cars might have been delivered in this state compared to others.

At the very least, it is above average.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts