The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who makes the best car covers for the Elise. I would be looking for an outdoor cover since my Elise may spend some time outdoors..

thanks

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I saw the ones at sector111. Is there anything comparable out there or are they the best for the Elise?

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
You could go for the Lotus factory covers.

I've got the sector 111 evolution cover which fits quite well and is a good deal for me as it'll only be used once in a blue moon.
Chris

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I've ordered many items, including several covers from AutoAnything.com. Their service has always been great. You'll find that most covers out there come from just a few sources (such as Cover Craft).

·
Registered
120 Posts
tala2693 said:
Who makes the best car covers for the Elise. I would be looking for an outdoor cover since my Elise may spend some time outdoors..

thanks
I just bought the Lotus car cover. Not the weather proof one.

its very very nice, but it isn't cheap i got it for 295.

Its very very soft, its black with white piping on the sides.

Vince

·
Registered
9 Posts
Goose said:
I've ordered many items, including several covers from AutoAnything.com. Their service has always been great. You'll find that most covers out there come from just a few sources (such as Cover Craft).
As you get the covers, please let us about the details of the fitment especially the mirror & antenna pockets. Thanks.

·
Registered
322 Posts
car covers - & TOPS

Sorry for the extra bit of topic but I could really use some nudging or something. First, I have always had a car cover for special cars and especially special cars with no tops or tops normally down. It tends to keep out the riff-raff and bird sh**. There seems to be something about people not wanting to get cought looking under a car cover. I have never had a car that was covered abused in any was. It also helps minimize light nicks and dings.

To my other topic/dilemma. Hard top or not???? I hate to think of a top I cannot take off and put in the trunk and drive away. Onthte other hand I live in a transition zone w/respect to weather and I am sure there would be days if not weeks I was happy to have it. It also looks great!!! I have a 1966 Alfa Romeo Spider Duetto and would kill for an original top but there just not to be had. So a couple of questions:
1. Will this top fit in the passenger's side when not installed? Most of my driving is just me.
2. Although I do not plan on this being an issue for as long as I can drive, is it a significant plus on the re-sale of the car. Are people going to want them later? Looking at the threads it would seem that most are buying hard top now and I am not sure if it is for use or potential re-sale attractiveness.

I could always use the $1,500.00 for exhaust, strips god knows what else, a bit of Drakkar Noir in the tank??

SY,Touring,LSS getting close.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
You might be able to carry the hard top in the passenger area, but I don't think it would be a good idea. Based on what I've seen, it looks like a fairly invoved process to remove/install the top (the thing is fastened to the car with several allen-head bolts). I doubt you'll see people putting the hard top on or taking it off by the roadside...

Having the hard top won't hurt the resale value, but I doubt it'll help much.

I ordered the hard top in order to get "two cars" for the extra $1500. To me, the Elise looks like a totally different car with the hard top installed (GT40? Others?) For me, it's just nice to have the option -- my advice would be to get one. It's not much when you consider the cost of the whole car.

·
Registered
472 Posts
John,
I got the hardtop (no regrets) because I knew it would be hard to find later with the right color match (Mag Blue would not be easy to match exactly), and the cost of a new top plus custom painting later would be more expensive than getting it from the factory now. I also strongly preferred the looks of the Elise with the hardtop in place (looks like an Exige, if that matters). Can't say if it will affect resale value -- and I don't intend to sell my in the future anyway.
I'm sure it will NOT fit in the passenger's seat (storage must be off the car). And I don't have any problems getting into the car with the hardtop in place (but I'm 5'8'', so there really shouldn't be a problem). I think the H/T is a good idea, and if the cost is not a big obstacle, I'd go ahead and get it.
Jim

1 - 11 of 11 Posts