The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Mulholland>SCC
2,532 Posts
Geez. That's not a small accident! Why the heck did the guy run? It's not like it will be hard to figure out who he is.

·
He's on fire!
3,086 Posts
It might be hard to figure out the drivers identity if the driver stole the car before crashing it into the dealership. No?

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
I have heard rumors that hit and run sometime carries a lesser penitently than a DUI.

Wounder if this was the motivation.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Geez. That's not a small accident! Why the heck did the guy run? It's not like it will be hard to figure out who he is.
It may not be hard to figure out who he is, but it may be harder to prove who he is. Then again he had a passenger who is probably pretty upset with him :)

Also if he was DUI, he bought himself time to sober up.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The news segment said that the woman is in critical condition. Getting information from her is a challenge because her jaw is broken. Unfortunately, the only witness to this accident may not make it. So sad.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
This article made me realize that I don't think I've ever worn a seat belt in a limo. Does anyone else? Do they even have them?

·
Premium Member
5,633 Posts
You're right, I can see the owner talking to himself "I need new business, the economy sucks I need someone to crash fast around here!!" Bumm!! there it is, now he can fix a Lambo a Ferrari and a Limo, talk about fcking positive Karma!! that's $80K bones for the month of May... :eek: :D

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have never seen a seatbelt in a limo or on a bus.
I don't recall seeing them in limo's or school buses. I've seen them in fancier tour buses. I just read a recent article that said there will be new laws (can't remember if they have been passed or are just being considered) requiring seatbelts in new buses. It's a reaction to the increase in bus accidents with fatalities.

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
I have never seen a seatbelt in a limo or on a bus.
Normal "black car" limos (such as the Lincoln Town Car in the picture) usually have standard 3-point seatbelts in the back. That said, for years I didn't wear seatbelts in taxis or "limos". Now I do. A co-worker of mine wound up with serious facial injuries when the taxi he was riding in went up on a curb in Manhattan and hit a building (he hit the plexiglass partition).

·
Mulholland>SCC
2,532 Posts
You are right. I did not notice the size of the "limo" til I saw it on the news on tv. I've been in one of those too. Comfy, and have seatbelts. :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts