The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 2009 Elise has had no real problems in 2 years, almost 8k of DD use. About 2 weeks ago, I noticed the ABS light was on, and after next restart went off and stayed off. Due to hot weather have been using air, and noticed that on start, would seem like it was not going to, due to feel/sound, not starter running but like not enough juice? But then would, so I chalked up to strain of compressor at start/extra current draw. Had repeat of ABS light then restart was fine. Car recently had 7,500 mile dealer service. This morning, go to start, seems like it won't, then goes dead. Nothing, no clicks, no lights no door locks, etc. Luckily it happened at home in garage and have other cars.

What to check first? Try jump, fuses? Thanks.

·
Registered
6,930 Posts
my 2009 Elise has had no real problems in 2 years, almost 8k of DD use. About 2 weeks ago, I noticed the ABS light was on, and after next restart went off and stayed off. Due to hot weather have been using air, and noticed that on start, would seem like it was not going to, due to feel/sound, not starter running but like not enough juice? But then would, so I chalked up to strain of compressor at start/extra current draw. Had repeat of ABS light then restart was fine. Car recently had 7,500 mile dealer service. This morning, go to start, seems like it won't, then goes dead. Nothing, no clicks, no lights no door locks, etc. Luckily it happened at home in garage and have other cars.

What to check first? Try jump, fuses? Thanks.
Check all four battery connections, and the alternator connections.
Michael

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
maybe, but you're back on the road!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts