The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased an Elise that did not have Starshield :thwack:. Now I want to put on the Starshield or 3M variant and I'm looking for a place to do a full detail to my car, clean up any scratches and chips and apply the covering. Anyone have any recommendations for a person or company to do this work?

TIA

·
Registered
247 Posts
I am also looking into this right now. I have several chips and scrapes in my Starshield and am thinking about having the whole thing replaced. I had my car at Curry's in Chantilly today to get some new tires on and Mike there (who is also a Lotus owner) has a guy who is an expert at this stuff. I hope to hear from him this week. Will let you know when I hear something.

·
Registered
815 Posts
I have used both of these guys with amazing results! Tell them that Brendan with the red Lotus recommened their services. Both are on the expensive side, but quality is top notch and both will stand behind their work.

Detailing:

Thomas Dekany
New Shine Detailing
703-966-1119
New Shine Detailing
*Based out of Fairfax, VA but will travel in the metro area. Thomas is probably one of the top detailers in the DC area. Thomas also detailed MarkR's turbo Exige.

Paint Protection Film:

Skip Vachon
PFTfilms
Protective Film Technologies, LLC (PFT)
703-944-7076
*Based in NOVA, but will travel in the metro area. Skip is the best PPF installer in the DC area. He does all the local high-end dealerships and Ferrari guys. He even did a custom piece for my FF CF spoiler! :eek:

Call these guys only if you're serious. :up:

·
Registered
815 Posts
I also have a top-knotch painter if you'de like your clam refinished. I had mine done and it came out fantastic. I had mine refinished prior to PPF installation since mine didn't come with SS from the factory.

Painter:

Robert Apell
Autocrafters
703-335-9646
*Based in Manassas, VA. Robert works slow, but does a fantastic job. His shop was filled with Porsche's and vintage muscle cars while I was there. He told me that he's also pained an Esprit.

Attachments

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That work looks great, thanks for the recommendation. Anyone know of any closer to the Baltimore area :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts