The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
I can say that the guy is tripping over himself to make it right.
atleast hes started a good path to make things right.

hopefully his work is done well & fast (not too much longer left to get your drives in before the winter hits)

also... did he come to seek you out after he taged your car, or were you there when it happened?

·
Closer than you think
2,222 Posts
"He said he didnt see it so he swung wide. Ironically he owns a body shop and he mainly works on corvettes. I can say that the guy is tripping over himself to make it right."

Sometimes we make friends by accident! :D

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Man, that's sucks - sorry to hear it! Hope the guy keeps his words and makes it looking new again!

·
Registered
471 Posts
Ironically he owns a body shop and he mainly works on corvettes. I can say that the guy is tripping over himself to make it right.

LUCKY and cool! Most people seem to get tagged by bastidges who either flee the scene or get caught without insurance!:mad:

·
Registered
502 Posts
Yup looks totaled to me... Oh wait, its not one of those threads.

Glad to hear it sounds like this one will work out well. I second the Chrome Green color too.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes he did come find me to tell me and sorry guys BRG is all me

Also many people around know this guy and his wife and family and several people that I trust vouced for this guy being a good guy and good at what he does.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Hope the repair is done right, and I agree with you...KEEP THE COLOR BRG! Maybe, if he does the work, he can do you some little upgrades for the hassle (like removing the unsightly turn signal/side reflectors, etc).

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
You don't see that very often... Or ever...

I remember when I had just come back for a visit from my Military business. I was staying in a hotel and a lady parked her Honda V-twin motorcycle right behind my truck, then put a matte black cover over it.... Needless to say, when I left at 1130pm for my hot date, I could not see the cycle in the dim lit lot, on black asphalt, and I back right into it...

Two people saw me and yelled out as they were leaving that they wouldn't say anything and I should just take off.... Of course I couldn't do that, I would be more than pissed to wake up to that in the morning.. So I went to the front desk, we did some pi work and figured out who it was, woke her up and showed her....

Needless to say she was very pissed, and kinda rough, but we got it sorted out.

Best part was, when I first knocked it over, I picked it back up to see the damage, then I laid it back down the opposite direction... Well when she came out I asked if she wanted me to pick it up, she scoffed and said it takes at least 3 people to do it... So I chuckled and said, well here let me at least give it a try... Wrong move, she was much more pissy after I proved her wrong...

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
just out of curiousity, if he doesn't do the fix right, can you still get the insurance company involved at that time?

·
Mulholland>SCC
2,532 Posts
just out of curiousity, if he doesn't do the fix right, can you still get the insurance company involved at that time?
I'm not sure. I would guess no, but he would have recourse against the body shop as he is essentially hiring them to fix his car.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
I am very sorry, but secretly glad.

Sorry, dont wish you bad but I have always wondered why so many clams get replaced when I think they could be repaired.

I have seen some Corvettes that seem really trashed, by comparison, that turn out amazing.

So....

Sorry for your misfortune, but keep us informed. I bet in the end this will leave a bigger mental scar than a physical one.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Just checking in on how your repairs are going?

Progress Update?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts