The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to Vegas with the family this Thursday. Don't have tons of time but looking for some suggestions on somethinfg to do car-related. Last time I was there, went to a museum (end of the Harrah collection?) Anything like that around?? Appreciate the suggestions.

Jim A.

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Don't expect anything from the F-car dealer at the wynn, unless you want to pay to look at 430s and the like (or if you have a ferrari key) :rolleyes:

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
That museum is still there, they change the cars now and again, its in the imperial palace, then there is the nascar type stuff at the sahara.

occasional car show, hogs n heifers has a car show, its very small and mostly rat rods and the like

race track in pahrump
las vegas speedway
cars n coffee, Cars and Coffee™ Las Vegas

Las Vegas Car Clubs has links to the clubs which usually have links to the goings on.

new big lambo dealer at venetian (well the bit next to it) one of the lotus chaps owns a restuarant in there too, the old one is still just off blue diamond by the freeway, they have some nice cars.

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
Try Norm Baker Motor Co. in Las Vegas, NV | Lotus Dealer New, Used Cars - Home who is just off the strip. They have tons of Lotus, including an Esprit, the Bullrun Exige and some 2-Elevens. Not sure if that's what you mean by car related, but it'd probably do in a pinch as a last minute activity. They've got other stuff as well, namely the Superformance brand of cars.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Don't expect anything from the F-car dealer at the wynn, unless you want to pay to look at 430s and the like (or if you have a ferrari key) :rolleyes:
That is so lame on their part. :thwack: I've owned four 911s because when I was a kid the salespeople at Sunset Porsche used to let me come in and gawk at their cars. Sometimes they'd even let me sit in one. That's how it starts - and later in life the 'thank you' is driving away in one.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I'm in Vegas now--just went to the Imperial Palace Auto Collection---fairly nice, but I don't think I'd shell out $10 for it (find a free coupon online and print it out). No Lotus in the current 'collection', but a slew of COOL Jags--a d-type, an xkss, a C type, a light-weight E type.
Stopped by Norm Baker this AM---a dozen or so Loti outside, a couple of 2-11's on the showrm floor and lots of int marques just to look at.

I skipped the Wynn F-car stuff --- you can pass along a walkway for free--but agree (lame)--to pay money to look at current model cars for sale?

If I had time, I would have gone to the Shelby Museum in North Vegas(near the speedway).
Speedway has all knds of cool things going on as well.
And there are several indoor go-cart places--one place advertises that it has electric carts ---haven't tried them.Went to the indoor place on Polaris ---recc that as well.

Lots of places to rent 'exotics'---one on teh strip even has a red Elise. Rates are ....eye opening.

Rgrds,
john m/ ML1

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.